SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 09-06-07, 11:42 PM   #1
Jester666

Default AR07 route to the campsite final chance to object/offer alternatives

Having spoken to various peeps, including those that have been up there (Jabba, Treacle, Sid Squid etc etc) about the ride up to the campsite there seems to be an opinion that we should get as far north as quickly as possible.

I know Fizzy will object but it would appear that the M1 to Chesterfield (see below) (140ish miles) is the best option.

Both myself and Bear, who are the only ones to come up with a route, are in agreement as 140ish miles to get that far is better than taking 9 hours a la svstreetfighter etc.

There is a guarenteed (sic) Tea, Bun & Biccy, loo stop, they have 4 loos!, stop at my parents in Chesterfield for us, they will be insulted if we don't stop there, and it's only a short ride to the A57/Snake Pass run from there.

We will probably pick up the Baph route for the twisty stuff to the campsite.

Any objections will be listened to but as no-one has bothered to come up with a route this is probably what we will do.

I will look at the route from Chesterfield to the campsite tomorrow, Sunday 10/06, and post up the final route unless someone can do better before then.

**Sorry Fizzy but I'll make the route from Chesterfield as twisty as possible to make up for thr motorway!!**

Last edited by Jester666; 10-06-07 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-06-07, 01:08 PM   #2
CoolGirl

Default Re: Ar07

what's your ETA in Chesterfield?
Old 10-06-07, 01:12 PM   #3
Stig

Where are the trip details Still not knowing if I shall be attending at all. Or joining you guys for the trip up, or meeting Grinch or going up with Mark, I have completely not kept track of any of the ride up routes or suggestions. I am struggling but am thinking I could possibly make it. I need to know if I am going to be ill on the Friday and not be able to make it into work.

It looks like if I do go, it could be on the Dullsville. What sort of speed are you looking at travelling up Not bothered if the route is twisty cause I can wop all yer asses on the twisties regardless of riding a bus instead of a bike.
Old 10-06-07, 01:24 PM   #4
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirl View Post
what's your ETA in Chesterfield?
Approx 2hrs after leaving the Ace. So with luck before midday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Where are the trip details? Not bothered if the route is twisty cause I can wop all yer asses on the twisties regardless of riding a bus instead of a bike.
Final route will be posted tonight.

Roughly speaking it'll be a mway blast to Chesterfield and then interesting from there onwards.