SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-06-05, 09:19 AM   #1
cmit37

Default any recommended London Suzuki dealers?

Hi,
I am just about to get my first new bike (difficult decision between the SV650 and DL650) and would like to know if anyone can recommend some respectable London Suzuki dealers( Metropolis in Vauxhall does not qualify based on the amount of wrong information they swear by just to make you a sale and the unnecessary servicing items they made me have in the past just to make a quick buck out of me) that I could purchase the bike from and get it serviced at for a reasonable price?
Thank you
Old 16-06-05, 10:02 AM   #2
will

welcome to the board

i think you'll find our advice to be biased a little more towards the SV than the DL by the way

good luck locating a dealer
Old 16-06-05, 10:36 AM   #3
Cazza

Default Re: any recommended London Suzuki dealers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmit37
Hi,
I am just about to get my first new bike (difficult decision between the SV650 and DL650) and would like to know if anyone can recommend some respectable London Suzuki dealers( Metropolis in Vauxhall does not qualify based on the amount of wrong information they swear by just to make you a sale and the unnecessary servicing items they made me have in the past just to make a quick buck out of me) that I could purchase the bike from and get it serviced at for a reasonable price?
Thank you
Hi. I bought my bike from George White on Shoreditch High Street (020 7613 4400 / http://www.georgewhite.co.uk/) at the end of last year. I haggled with them and got them to beat the price that Daytona in Angel had quoted me.

They don't have a workshop on site - so they send the bikes over to their place in Swindon for servicing. Which takes several days. And they'll usually lend you a courtesy bike while yours is in. Which has been great for me - as it's given me the chance to try out a Fazer and an R6 for 4 / 5 days at a time. They'll also give you 10% discount off any kit / accessories you buy when you get the bike too.

If you speak to Danny or Mike - tell them that "Caroline on the GS" sent you and that I told you they'd be nice to you!

I have a really good relationship with them, and they're a good bunch of people... but I always respect the fact that they're dealers and want to make money out of me - so I don't give them an easy ride.

(And if you want the SV then you have the added bonus, up to 31st August, of 0% finance for up to 3 years and a £1 deposit - though this will make it harder for you to haggle on price).

Some of the other guys on the forum should give you a view re: getting your servicing done elsewhere though. I've just stuck with my dealer as I'm a newbie and don't know any better (yet).

Cazza
Old 16-06-05, 10:59 AM   #4
Jelster

Call Mark at West London Suzuki 020 8831 9011, based in Bedfont, round by Heathrow. It's a family run business and is a good alternative to the larger chains. www.westlondonsuzuki.co.uk

If I were to buy a new Suzuki, chances are it would come from here.

Old 16-06-05, 01:29 PM   #5
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

One word of warning on dealers who do not have a workshop on site. I took my 250 to Frontiers in Wimbledon Chase once and aside from lying to me, ripping me off, and keeping me bike-less for a week instead of the two days they'd originally promised, they damaged the tank in transit to their workshop. I had no idea it was not round the back where I expected it to be. I then had a further two weeks of no bike as they sent the tank off to Dream Machine, who did a mediocre job and put new decals on in the wrong place!!! Not a chance of a loan bike either. If these guys are still going then I'd never recommend them to anyone.

Check they can service your bike on site!!!!
Old 16-06-05, 01:31 PM   #6
will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev
One word of warning on dealers who do not have a workshop on site. I took my 250 to Frontiers in Wimbledon Chase once and aside from lying to me, ripping me off, and keeping me bike-less for a week instead of the two days they'd originally promised, they damaged the tank in transit to their workshop. I had no idea it was not round the back where I expected it to be. I then had a further two weeks of no bike as they sent the tank off to Dream Machine, who did a mediocre job and put new decals on in the wrong place!!! Not a chance of a loan bike either. If these guys are still going then I'd never recommend them to anyone.

Check they can service your bike on site!!!!
you will be pleased to know, sir trev, frontiers shop is now boarded up.
Old 16-06-05, 01:45 PM   #7
Viney
Mega Poster

Id recomend Premier in west wickham
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-05, 02:14 PM   #8
SteveH

I bought my baby from daytona in Angel and they were the best deal for me at the time plus they beat everyone else I went too (I played 3 shops off each other )Did you go back again afterwards Cazza?. They have an off site workshop that "you" take the bike too in Kings cross which was very handy for me as I live in islington. They also give you 10% off anything else you buy later on (sometimes more) but....their servicing is a bit higher then the norm.Plus they are offering me a even better deal on another Bike if I go Suzuki again.
As for deals it's not always what money you save but how good the dealer is, I would pay more for a bike if I knew they did a very good after service
P.s you could always go for the best price and just take it to the better service dealer afterwards
Old 16-06-05, 03:28 PM   #9
knightster

I bought my SV from George White in Shoreditch too. Got a good price after a bit of haggling. They sent the bike away for the first service and lent me an R6 for the week. I probably wouldn't use them for servicing again, but I would recommend them for buying a bike. I dealt with Mike and he was pretty good.
Old 16-06-05, 03:45 PM   #10
Valman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH
I bought my baby from daytona in Angel and they were the best deal for me at the time plus they beat everyone else I went too (I played 3 shops off each other )Did you go back again afterwards Cazza?. They have an off site workshop that "you" take the bike too in Kings cross which was very handy for me as I live in islington. They also give you 10% off anything else you buy later on (sometimes more) but....their servicing is a bit higher then the norm.Plus they are offering me a even better deal on another Bike if I go Suzuki again.
As for deals it's not always what money you save but how good the dealer is, I would pay more for a bike if I knew they did a very good after service
P.s you could always go for the best price and just take it to the better service dealer afterwards
Bought mine from Daytona too and have to say they did the best deal I could find and I played 2 shops off each other as well. They will discount anything you buy off them as well, not only did I get a huge discount on all the bits I bought with the bike but later when I wanted a double bubble screen they let me have an F. Fabbri for £40 and they fitted it on for free while they were closing up.

Their service prices are not cheap though, £43 for a first service on the SV, and they forgot to top up my coolant, it was right on the lower level line when I took it in, but the service centre is round the corner from the shop and they are always busy which is supposed to be a sign of a good garage.

Speak to Kevin on 020 7833 2411, tell him Tahir sent you.