SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 23-03-09, 03:58 PM   #1
Owenski

Default WANTED SV650 in West Yorkshire

The other week a man followed me home to ask about the SV, he asked if I knew any body locally who was selling one. He wasn't going to be allowed to shop for one but if one was presented to him he could maybe convince the misses it was too good a chance to miss out on.
So if you are selling or know someone then pls reply on here so I can forward details of the bike. Ill let him know this info and then if he's interested I'll PM you his mobile number.
Old 23-03-09, 04:22 PM   #2
jamesterror

Default Re: WANTED SV650 in West Yorkshire

wrong section fella, hopefully a mod will move your post
jamesterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 05:45 PM   #3
gettin2dizzy

In signature
Old 23-03-09, 06:34 PM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

sounds a bit dodgy to me, I'd be very suspicious if some strange bloke followed me home, to ask about an SV....specially if 'he wasn't allowed to shop for one'

Lock yer bike up well, and watch out for anyone wearing dodgy looking fake beards

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 06:53 PM   #5
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Lock yer bike up well, and watch out for anyone wearing dodgy looking fake beards
Half the org?
Old 23-03-09, 06:57 PM   #6
Owenski

Loll,
I had the same suspision, the phone number is correct at least I checked it while he was here.
I think it was the oportunity to ask someone I was under the impression that as I turned off the main road onto my road an he just thought.. why not.

He was there while I locked it up, disk lock, chain and ground anchor so hopefully he saw it wouldnt be worth his while if that was indeed his intention.

Yeah ive noticed (suprisingly) that there are many beards about, is this a "in honour of" thing or a silly thing?

Last edited by Owenski; 23-03-09 at 07:09 PM.
Old 23-03-09, 07:38 PM   #7
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post
He was there while I locked it up, disk lock, chain and ground anchor so hopefully he saw it wouldnt be worth his while if that was indeed his intention.
Or now he knows how to get to it

Yeah ive noticed (suprisingly) that there are many beards about, is this a "in honour of" thing or a silly thing?
It's a silly thing AFAIK. I think it was Adam (muffles) who drew one on ThEGr33k's avatar to make him look a tad older (looks about 12 ya see )

#runs#
Old 27-03-09, 12:42 AM   #8
St0rmer66

Got a W reg SV650S with 9k miles, mods as in my signature. Looking for around £1500.
Old 27-03-09, 07:45 PM   #9
Owenski

cheers stormer ill have a word. get back to you asap.
Old 28-03-09, 12:06 AM   #10
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post
Loll,
I had the same suspision, the phone number is correct at least I checked it while he was here.
I think it was the oportunity to ask someone I was under the impression that as I turned off the main road onto my road an he just thought.. why not.

Phone numbers are easy to fake, and very convincing if you want to scam someone. Even a number that forwards to another mobile.

I'd be very very careful about the bike, as dizzy, this whole thing just seems wrong. You've just told him what tools he'll need to come "present an SV650" to himself IMO.

I could be wrong (hopefully!!), but if someone followed me home to ask about buying an SV, I'd be tempted to offer them kevlar covered knuckles. Fine, approach me at a random place, but follow me home?!?! No way!