SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 24-11-12, 09:51 PM   #41
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: anyone down south i.e bournemouth ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph View Post
I know a fair few routes locally and look forward to being able to actually ride them when I have the time and the weather. Will be sure to hit you both up when the time comes!
best mr burns voice... excellent!!

got a couple of random routes i usually take with my mates so glad to show you guys around too, although to be completely honest i hate leading, manly because i have to try and remember the way to go! haha
PyroUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-12, 09:54 PM   #42
_Troy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroUK View Post
you WHAT!!???

not that im complaining, i dont particularly like Kwaks, but what on earth possed you to do that? if you dont mind me asking?

and yes, underpowered in the top end, but the amount of torgue and oomph it has is mental!
Its a money saving scheme to be honest. The SV is pennies to insure compared to the ninja, especially at the grand age of 24!
Old 24-11-12, 09:54 PM   #43
Morph

Quote:
best mr burns voice... excellent!!

got a couple of random routes i usually take with my mates so glad to show you guys around too, although to be completely honest i hate leading, manly because i have to try and remember the way to go! haha
I love leading and generally for this reason. I enjoy getting lost and how everyone else thinks you know where you're going haha.
Old 24-11-12, 09:56 PM   #44
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Troy_ View Post
Its a money saving scheme to be honest. The SV is pennies to insure compared to the ninja, especially at the grand age of 24!
ah yes, the tea leaves of insurance!

i have only just managed to get mine to a "reasonable" £480!

hopefully when you hit the grand old age of 25 like me it will go down! ha
Old 24-11-12, 09:57 PM   #45
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
I love leading and generally for this reason. I enjoy getting lost and how everyone else thinks you know where you're going haha.
HAHAHAHAHA

sadist!
Old 24-11-12, 09:58 PM   #46
Morph

Quote:
ah yes, the tea leaves of insurance!

i have only just managed to get mine to a "reasonable" £480!

hopefully when you hit the grand old age of 25 like me it will go down! ha
£480?!? Mine was £510 at 17....
Old 24-11-12, 10:01 PM   #47
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
£480?!? Mine was £510 at 17....
yeeaaahhhhh.............

not had the best luck on a bike if im honest, broken collar bone in 2010 and a write off in 2011 (also shattered 2 meta carpals but that was my fault, punched a wall in rage, still could have been worse)

so insurance hasnt been too kind to me!
Old 24-11-12, 10:03 PM   #48
Morph

Quote:
yeeaaahhhhh.............

not had the best luck on a bike if im honest, broken collar bone in 2010 and a write off in 2011 (also shattered 2 meta carpals but that was my fault, punched a wall in rage, still could have been worse)

so insurance hasnt been too kind to me!
Oh dear, where they all your fault?
I had a write off in may. Lucky it was a woman driver so in the eyes of the law, instantly her fault. Got a new Sv and a reasonably nice compensation pay out for it.
Old 24-11-12, 10:07 PM   #49
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Oh dear, where they all your fault?
I had a write off in may. Lucky it was a woman driver so in the eyes of the law, instantly her fault. Got a new Sv and a reasonably nice compensation pay out for it.
nope neither of them, 1st was on a roundabout, driver pulled out in front of me so i swerved to avoid them, (in hindsight i should have hit them) and came off. feckhead didnt stop so all on my insurance. got it repaired

second i was pulling into my works car park and girl went straight into the back of me and ran my bike over. wrote it off, i would have lost out if it wasnt for the errors made by the finance company so they gave me extra as compo lol
Old 24-11-12, 10:14 PM   #50
Morph

Quote:
nope neither of them, 1st was on a roundabout, driver pulled out in front of me so i swerved to avoid them, (in hindsight i should have hit them) and came off. feckhead didnt stop so all on my insurance. got it repaired

second i was pulling into my works car park and girl went straight into the back of me and ran my bike over. wrote it off, i would have lost out if it wasnt for the errors made by the finance company so they gave me extra as compo lol
That first one sounds like a right pain! I agree in saying that if the options are: avoid a bad drivers and possibly wreck. Or hit the bad driver and walk away.
I'd take the hit everyday.