SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-03-13, 08:47 AM   #1
Woogie

Default Rear Brake pedal sticking

Got on bike this morning and rode down my street yet when I tried to come to a stop at the junction I noticed my rear brake felt hard and like it wasn't doing anything. Got off to take a look and it looks as though the pedal is sticking. Got back on and rode into work using my front.

Had a quick look at the car park at work and it seems OK If I press it slightly with my hand the pedal will come up but sticks if I put any actual pressure on it.

Any ideas?
Old 04-03-13, 09:46 AM   #2
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rear Brake pedal sticking

Probably the main pivot for the lever, you'll need to take the hanger off to get at it though. Worth a mild squirt of chain lube/WD40 to get it moving though. WD40 wont last long so if you use it then give it a squirt of chain lube so take it off and grease it up properly when you get the chance.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 10:16 AM   #3
Woogie

Cheers will give that a go tonight, going to try and clear up some of the gunk from around the lever tonight as it still pretty gummy from all the Winter riding.
Old 05-03-13, 08:06 AM   #4
Woogie

Found the issue when I got home last night, cleaned the bike up a bit as weather is supposed to be nice this week and pulled a lump of grit around the size of a 50p piece and about half a cm thick from behind the leaver which was causing it to catch and rub.

Fun times, Brake now works perfectly