SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-03-21, 01:04 AM   #91
svenrico

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

I had Pfizer jab a few weeks ago and haven't had any side effects so far, touch wood. My son had Pfizer jab the other day with no side effects .My wife had AZ today and hasn't said anything about any side effects.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-21, 02:55 PM   #92
Seeker
Mega Poster

case rates in NE Lincs

I took this graph from the BBC website. The case rates are reported for Lincs each evening on our regional BBC news channel. I find it odd that our rates have plateaued at 100 per 100k for such a long period. I put in some random postcodes for other areas and they don't seem to follow the same pattern.

It was suggested that because this is a low paid/deprived area that people cannot afford to isolate and are going to work whilst contagious.
Attached Images
File Type: png cases.png (35.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 15-03-21, 01:13 PM   #93
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Had my AZ jab on Friday, was a little ropey on Saturday but couldn't say it was definitely the jab as I was getting a little run down anyway.

Back to normal Sunday, all good.

Ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-21, 09:19 AM   #94
Dave20046
Mega Poster

I know a couple of people who have had the vaccine and have been headachey and sicky for a day or two and then suddenly back to normal.

Just read the suspicions over blood clots lastnight, hopefully more info on that before I get it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
case rates in NE Lincs

I took this graph from the BBC website. The case rates are reported for Lincs each evening on our regional BBC news channel. I find it odd that our rates have plateaued at 100 per 100k for such a long period. I put in some random postcodes for other areas and they don't seem to follow the same pattern.

It was suggested that because this is a low paid/deprived area that people cannot afford to isolate and are going to work whilst contagious.
It's plausible, I've read about countries who acted quickly and gave all residents a generous welfare package did very well at containing the virus.
Old 17-03-21, 09:52 AM   #95
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
It's plausible, I've read about countries who acted quickly and gave all residents a generous welfare package did very well at containing the virus.
It's also 3 weeks since we had that warm, sunny weekend and Cleethorpes' sea front was packed...
Old 17-03-21, 09:59 AM   #96
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

It's a couple of weeks since I had my AZ jab------no problems at the time(if I tried really hard I could detect a slight arm ache next day) and now I feel really good about it. I observe the current rules but no longer worry about at all. I recommend everyone who can have it does so. I am appalled by what I consider the criminal negligence of the leaders of those countries who are banning/suspending it.
Old 17-03-21, 10:09 AM   #97
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I had AZ vaccine. No side effects at all.

What annoys me about this storm in a teacup is that the number of reported cases of blood clots in people who have received the vaccine is what you would expect in the normal population. There is NO variation from the norm as far as I'm able to ascertain.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-21, 10:09 AM   #98
Grant66

Especially as:

Healthcare products Regulatory Agency’s (MHRA) vaccines safety lead Phil Bryan said: “We are closely reviewing reports but given the large number of doses administered, and the frequency at which blood clots can occur naturally, the evidence available does not suggest the vaccine is the cause.”

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-21, 10:24 AM   #99
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I had mine a week and a half ago now and have had the occaisional day feeling lethargic and a bit run down. A couple of nights of feversish sleeps too. Yesterday I felt awful. Very run down and had that feeling where your chest aches a bit and you can really feel where your lungs are. Also an achy neck and shoulders. Hopefully means it's having some effect.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-21, 10:56 AM   #100
Grant66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Hopefully means it's having some effect.
Apparently there is no correlation between side effects and your immune response.
So you could get loads of side effect symptoms and not get an immune response when exposed to the virus.
Alternatively you may have no side effect symptoms and then be fully protected from the virus.

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote