SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-07-08, 08:29 PM   #1
sweepdoggydog

Default Kawasaki ZX6R (2005) - Trackbike with daytime MOT

I’m selling my 2005 ZX6R (C1) trackbike. I say trackbike, however it was a road bike until recently when I had a minor spill on the way to work which involved me crashing at about 15mph and damaging nearly every fairing on the bike! Following this, I converted it to a trackbike. The bike has a daytime MOT and tax so it can be ridden on the road. It has approximately 13,000 miles on the clock. Set out below is a list of good/bad points:

Good Points

- Ohlins steering damper
- Wets on wheels with OEM discs, Pirelli wets which have only been used for 2 sessions on a trackday
- Promach rearsets
- Full NRC protective engine casing
- Front and rear suspension serviced by Steve Jordan Motorcycles (revalved/resprung and setup)
- Yoshi slip on with baffle (never had a noise problem at a trackday)
- Standard exhaust
- Pirelli Supercorsas - new SC1 on front (only done 1 TD) and the previous model Supercorsa on the rear with about 1-2 TDs remaining)
- Renthal Grips
- Renthal front & rear sprockets (standard) + Tsubaki Chain
- Spare sprockets (standard front & +2 rear)
- Stealth discs
- HEL braided lines (front only)
- Performance friction brake pads
- Race Products front + lower fairings
- R&G crash bungs
- V5 document
- HPI clear

Bad Points

- Paintwork / Fairings – the race fairings have been sprayed by me using spray cans, the front & rear hugger and the tail unit are standard Kawasaki parts, all are slightly chipped/scratched. I considered having the bike sprayed prior to selling, however I thought the new owner may want to choose their own paint scheme so I left them as is.
- No service history – It had its first service but has not been professionally been serviced after this. However, it has had regular oil changes around every 4-6 TD’s and has been well maintained to keep it track worthy i.e. servicing the brakes, chain, fluids etc.
- Brake pads will need changing soon.

This is a great bike, I have owned the bike for nearly 2 years and have never had a mechanical problem with it and it has served me well.

I have all the standard lights/indicators and fairings to put the bike back in standard road trim, however, as mentioned the fairings are all marked/cracked. These will all be included in the sale.

The reason I am selling the bike is that I am looking to start racing next season so need to make way for the race bike. I would love to keep the bike, unfortunately I can not afford to keep it. I want to race in the Minitwins league so if anyone has a minitwin for sale, I may consider a swap.

I am looking for £2,600 for everything. I believe this is a fair price for a bike of this age with the added extras. I will leave the bike listed on here for a week or two before it goes on eBay.

I am booked to do the California Superbike School on 23/07/08 at Brands Hatch, so if anyone wants to come and see the bike in action feel free to pop along! This will be the last track outing for the bike. It will be available for sale after this date. Any interested parties are encouraged to come and view the bike (out of work hours 7pm – 9pm and weekends). The bike is kept in Sidcup, Kent.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me, I can email further photos on request.

Thanks

Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg N2.JPG (35.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg N3.JPG (49.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 26-07-08, 03:56 PM   #2
sweepdoggydog

Default Re: Kawasaki ZX6R (2005) - Trackbike with daytime MOT

Weekend bump!
Old 29-07-08, 07:55 AM   #3
sweepdoggydog

Reduced to ?2,400 before it goes off to ebay later this week
Old 29-07-08, 08:29 AM   #4
shelleyamy

Quote: