SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-01-09, 08:16 PM   #1
silent11

Default Abba stand question

right basically ive got a abba stand had it couple months now

second hand so no instructions

but when the bikes on stand it still wobbles and doesn't seem safe, and will properly fall over if the front stand is used

which way does it go? do the little metal stand things face forward or face backwards?

thanks

phil
Old 11-01-09, 08:35 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Abba stand question

Here's how to on the ABBA standwebsite

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=1

Hope this helps
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 08:55 PM   #3
silent11

could any body measure the distance from in between the base and metal legs? as i feel mine are not correct distance meaning its not balancing right
Old 12-01-09, 11:05 AM   #4
Steve_God
Mega Poster

The base would run along and be attached to both metal legs, and the stand is also a fixed size apart from the bits that are adjustable... so I'm a little confused by that...

I'll try and give my instructions of how I do it, and say if there's anything of this that's different to how you do it:

- Put the left hand side part (the bit that's attached to the base and the lever) of the stand under the bike with the base near the front wheel.
- Insert the fixing part in place so that it's fully in the socket, and so holds the left side of the stand in place (so it doesn't fall out)
- Go around the other side of the bike and slide the right hand side on until it's in place and the socket fits in on that side, and tighten the bottom adjuster.
- Then turn the top adjuster until you are happy with the tension and that it is held in place securely.
- then back around to the other side of the bike, lift the lever up, and push toward until it's on the stand.
- I then give it a quick wiggle to check it's secure, and that's it.

When on it should look like this with just the stand:

And if you have the front stand as well, it should look like this:
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008

Last edited by Steve_God; 12-01-09 at 11:07 AM.
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-09, 03:07 PM   #5
philbut

make sure you are tightening both bolts properly (the one that hold the second leg to the base and the one that forces the pin into the RHS of the bike) Mine was rock solid when on the stand, as is my ZX7 - i couldn't push it over if i tried. I find it easier to sit on the bike and then assemble the stand.