SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 03-03-07, 12:09 AM   #1
Rog

Default AGV Stealth -4

My Carberg had gone a bit loose so I decided to invest in a slightly better helmet (quality wise) I was looking around generally at the AGV's when this caught my eye:

http://www.agv.it/prodotto.asp?Id_Pr...Id_Grafica=162

The blue is a lot darker in the flesh and the matt finish really appeals. I will let you know what it is like on the road, when I hopefully get out this weekend.
Old 03-03-07, 11:26 PM   #2
Rog

Default Re: AGV Stealth -4

Right went for a ride today. so direct comparisons to my caberg V2 are:

Not as noisey although that wouldnt be hard. It isnt as quite as a SHoei though (a wouldnt expect that from a sub £200 lid)

aerodynamically its better as I used to find that turning my head at say above NSL (private roads obviously) on overtakes woudl involve serious buffeting with the V2 not so the S4

its ligher than the V2 and fits better around my head although that may be that I know what I should be looking for in terms of fit now, which i didint really know when I got the V2

thats your lot. In short, nice lid.
Old 04-03-07, 11:04 AM   #3
M1TCH

I got mine last week in black/silver really pleased with it and great for the price with excellent styling although I haven't had a chance to ride with it on yet.
Old 24-04-07, 09:48 PM   #4
Rog

Sorry Mitch, didnt see your post. All I can say is that 2 months on and with some decent miles under my belt in it I cannot recommend it highly enough. For a sub £200 lid its the dogs nads and I always get plenty of comments on the simple but stylish paint job and the fact hat its a matt finish
Old 26-04-07, 04:52 PM   #5
gettin2dizzy

that looks real nice! can you not close the vents though?
Old 26-04-07, 10:24 PM   #6
Rog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
that looks real nice! can you not close the vents though?
If you mean the grills, they actually cover the vent holes inside, which are opened and closed from inside the lid on the chin bar

so in short yes you can open and close the vents
Old 26-04-07, 10:45 PM   #7
Law

I want the black-silver-red some time later this year, but HG don't seem to have that colour scheme in their catalogue. Where did you two get yours? Thanks.
Old 26-04-07, 10:58 PM   #8
Rog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
I want the black-silver-red some time later this year, but HG don't seem to have that colour scheme in their catalogue. Where did you two get yours? Thanks.
From my local HG shop in Leicester. Ive also seem them in the mags a bit cheaper at www.titanium-racing.com for £149.99. But I prefer to try a lid on before buying.

p.s. just tried their website and it appears to be down for upgrading. you could phone them on 01332204538. Ive never used them so dont know what their service is like.