SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-12-19, 04:00 PM   #1
aesmith

Default SV650 L2 Twin Spark Dealer Mode Connector

Hi,
I wonder is anyone has a picture or description of the dealer mode connector on a 650 twin spark. I simply can't find anything that looks like the pictures for the previous model (http://www.sv650.org/gallery/tps/tps_connector.jpg)
There's a larger black connector with blanking cap, yellow internal plastic, with eight pin locations of which it looks like six are in use. Is that it, and in that case does anyone know which two pins should be connected?

I can't seem to embed from Google Photos, but here's a link to a pic of the connector ..
https://photos.app.goo.gl/53tyoXjt2pzjcYQv8

Thanks, Tony S
aesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-19, 04:08 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650 L2 Twin Spark Dealer Mode Connector

is your L2 a pointy or new shape?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-19, 04:42 PM   #3
aesmith

It's a pointy, the twin spark version 2012 model year.
Old 22-12-19, 04:51 PM   #4
aesmith

By the way, when did this forum start forcing the almost unreadable black colour scheme? It used to remember my choice, now every page refresh or page change forces back to that horrible black.
Old 23-12-19, 01:26 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

your looking at the wrong socket. its the socket with the rubber cover over it that you want.

IIR the plug your looking at is the OEM alarm plug.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-19, 02:27 PM   #6
aesmith

Thanks. I think the body work will need to come off, I can see some while connectors but they're irretrievably trapped under the frame tube and not accessible from above. The previous owner had a tail tidy and refitted the original snowplough, so possibly when working on the underneath the loom shifted.

However I've found a few more problems, it seems that the underneath of the wheel arch is not only not waterproof, it's not mud proof either. Lots of the electrical bits I disconnected and moved out of the way were solidly embedded in wet mud. It's actually a wonder anything works. So I need to work on that under tray in any case, the bike's not viable if the electrics are exposed to salty grit all winter.
Old 23-12-19, 03:34 PM   #7
aesmith

Found it! I think.

I was looking for a white connector with nothing plugged into it, with or without a blanking cover. The only white connector in the vicinity was jammed down under that alarm connector and definitely had connections both sides. However I was able to wriggle it free and separating the connectors it definitely looks correct. I'm going to make a guess that the connector joined to it is for the gear position indicator, an accessory fitted by previous owner.