SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-02-07, 11:20 PM   #1
Heed

Default Fitting Motrax Crash Bungs

Hi, my crash bungs from eBay turned up yesterday. Theya re the motrax ones with 2 different lengths of standoff and fixing bolts. They are for the curvy and mine is unfaired. However I can't work out where to fit them. There's only 2 bolts that I can see that could be replaced and the most obvious one is a through bolt running right through the engine casing so I can't put them in there. The only other bolt (further towards the front of the frame) means that the bungs don;t stick out very far atll. ALso which side does the longest standoff and bolt go on? I assume it's the left as the monting points seem further towards the centre of the bike from the left if that makes sense.

Any help is massively sppreciated as I don't want to drop my bike especially when I have crash bungs ready but not fitted.

I can post actual pics tomorrow as my bikes locked up at work at the moment.
Old 14-02-07, 11:25 PM   #2
hovis

not too sure where they go, but they dont stick out much
Old 14-02-07, 11:27 PM   #3
Heed

I'm guessing that it's the front bolts just under the bikini fairing then. ANy knowledge still much appreciated as they don;t look like they will do much saving there. I know they aren't there to protectt he plastics but I imagined that they would stick out further. Damn motrax and their lack of fitting insructions
Old 14-02-07, 11:29 PM   #4
hovis

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...ighlight=bungs

mine( the yellow one) go through the engene mount so i think yours go futher up?

Last edited by hovis; 14-02-07 at 11:33 PM.
Old 14-02-07, 11:31 PM   #5
Heed

I saw that but I Know that different bungs are fitted differently. I was also after knowing which side takes the shorter standoff.

Mine are currently fitted in the same place as these ones and are sat a good inch in from teh fairing panel.

Old 14-02-07, 11:43 PM   #6
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
Hi, my crash bungs from eBay turned up yesterday. Theya re the motrax ones with 2 different lengths of standoff and fixing bolts. They are for the curvy and mine is unfaired. However I can't work out where to fit them. There's only 2 bolts that I can see that could be replaced and the most obvious one is a through bolt running right through the engine casing so I can't put them in there. The only other bolt (further towards the front of the frame) means that the bungs don;t stick out very far atll. ALso which side does the longest standoff and bolt go on? I assume it's the left as the monting points seem further towards the centre of the bike from the left if that makes sense.

Any help is massively sppreciated as I don't want to drop my bike especially when I have crash bungs ready but not fitted.

I can post actual pics tomorrow as my bikes locked up at work at the moment.
Hi,

I got the same from Ebay last week. I fitted them as shown in that pic put up by hovis. You can tell were the longer one goes cos the mounting is further 'in'. They dont stick much at all - I was a bit disappointed really. Cheap though.

John.
Old 14-02-07, 11:45 PM   #7
Heed

Cheers for the info mate. Looks like they are staying where they are then. They should protect the frame if nothing else. Cheers for the info guys.

Heed.
Old 15-02-07, 02:12 PM   #8
kwak zzr

my motrax DHM's fitted inplace of the front engine mount, they should stick out as far if not abit further than the radiator. the long bolt fits in the right hand side as you sit on the bike.
Old 15-02-07, 06:52 PM   #9
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
my motrax DHM's fitted inplace of the front engine mount, they should stick out as far if not abit further than the radiator. the long bolt fits in the right hand side as you sit on the bike.
As in, in the through bolt? I have 2 allen bolts to hold the crash bungs in and not one through bolt.
Old 15-02-07, 07:05 PM   #10
kwak zzr

no the main middle engine mount is the long straight through bolt, the one you want are the front engine mounts, one each side.