SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 16-08-10, 08:56 AM   #31
Roberrrrt

Default Re: A PM bid for AR11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Which campsite? Theres a few linked here

If you mean the one in my original post, yes its got vry good facilities, and has accomodated us before, but back then there was 40 as opposed to over 100. The gentleman on the phone yesterday didn't flinch when I asked if he could cope with 150 of us, and perhaps take over his entire accomodation! In fact he said he could probably be even more tempting as hes expanding in the winter months.
Apologies, yeah I meant the first one, I just kinda skipped through the other posts

Tis a good site, they were building some extra toilet blocks when I was there last year.
Old 16-08-10, 09:02 AM   #32
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberrrrt View Post
Apologies, yeah I meant the first one, I just kinda skipped through the other posts

Tis a good site, they were building some extra toilet blocks when I was there last year.
Yeah he said he'd expanded even since we'd been. I'm a bit of a stickler for good facilities, from what I remember they had good clean showers and toilets. I'm afraid you have to take things like this in account when you have a lot of ladies about.
Having a bar on site too, is always a winner.
And as before we will get a field for our sole use, rather than disturbing other people booked in to stay, a lot of campsites I have seen proposed for some events over the years haven't been able to do this. Which is why I put this forward
I will be making arrangements within the next couple of weeks to go up and check the place out, but I have no doubt it will fit most of our requirements if not all, having been there before. They are far from a small site, and are very well established.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 16-08-10 at 09:03 AM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 09:08 AM   #33
Roberrrrt

They've got a nice big, and more importantly FLAT field up there, plus plenty of hardstanding space for the bikes which is in clear view from the field.

Me likey.
Old 16-08-10, 09:09 AM   #34
widepants

looks like the race is on Dizz ,between you and Ed
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 09:12 AM   #35
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Indeed it does. I have photos from the last time, unfortunately my other laptop needs the screen repairing and they are all on its hard drive! Although I posted a picture of the field in IB so I'll just go and bring it over here for example.

You don't need to ride down any gravel tracks to get into the site, its all tarmaced IIRC. The entrance way has good vision up and down the main road outside, although it is the A65, but we never had problems last time. Its impossible to miss it when you arrive.

ENTRANCE!!!!!

ta da.... a nice flat big field, with sunset

and theres always here to look at a bad year for rain, but a general idea of how big that field was

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92518

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 16-08-10 at 09:20 AM.
Old 16-08-10, 10:49 AM   #36
AndyBrad

Just a quick mesage to say i m more than willing to help out with this. However my abilities would be better put to the use or sorting stuff out rather than the actual route as there are a lot more people better at that than i am.

I agree, heartside would be a fantastic run but considering the lack of shall we say "courtousy" by a few people over taking us slower folk (btw yc i must say top job on not scaring the **** outta me) on other large group rideouts i too think it would be dangerous. Same goes for buttertubs pass, i would have loved to have seen that in a route but i think we have to show a duty of care to all involved and while some of the roads are great biking roads they can also be very dangerous.
Old 16-08-10, 10:54 AM   #37
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrad View Post
Just a quick mesage to say i m more than willing to help out with this. However my abilities would be better put to the use or sorting stuff out rather than the actual route as there are a lot more people better at that than i am.

You are more than welcome to help me out if we get the vote for nearer us Andy. I already have volunteers for reccing routes but there is no real reason for another to join in, just adds in a range of different capabilities and bikes, which in my book helps no end.

I think to be honest, thinking about the route first rather than accomodation is putting the cart before the horse. No good having a place to play if you ain't got anywhere to stay!!
I am trying to make arrangements to take a preliminary gander at the site on Wednesday.

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 16-08-10 at 10:58 AM.
Old 16-08-10, 12:23 PM   #38
orose

Count me in on the helpful people list as well please
Old 16-08-10, 12:46 PM   #39
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

no probs hun

Theres a right bunch o merry men on the list now. I won't even need to go near my own bike!!!

This is great folks, really great. Thankyou all, greatly appreciated

Old 16-08-10, 01:23 PM   #40
AndyBrad

first camsite seems nice but if its been used before i would think we should find an alternate?