SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 24-08-11, 11:35 PM   #1
steveinhull

Default For Sale - Yellow Curvy (fully faired) cheap

Testing the waters before i put it in part ex or on ebay

2001 SV650 SK1
Y9H - Lively Pearl Yellow
23500 Miles
Lots of receipts and original handbook/service book
Lowers Fitted
Fuel Exhaust
K+N Air Filter
Scottoiler
Pyramid RR Hugger
Double bubble screen
Powerbronze Rad Grille
Original Tool Kit under Rear Seat

Good Tyres (avon storm)

Ive serviced this myself since i bought it in Apr 2011 (selling due to upgrade) using genuine parts and iridium plugs

Taxed Till 31/12/2011
MOT Till Apr 2012

Would love to take £1250 of your hard earned cash for it

Photos can be emailed on request

Cheers

Steve

P.S - Was valued yesterday at £1500 by a dealer
Old 25-08-11, 08:32 AM   #2
Owenski

Default Re: For Sale - Yellow Curvy (fully faired) cheap

I hope this doesnt come across as c**tish but I would take that dealers hand off then squire, you'll not sell it for better than that.

Pointys now sell for that on private sale.

If you've still got a lot of the orginial gear, you'd do quite well selling off the mods on thier own and taking the bike as much back to standard as possible.
Old 25-08-11, 10:17 AM   #3
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
I hope this doesnt come across as c**tish but I would take that dealers hand off then squire, you'll not sell it for better than that.

If you've still got a lot of the orginial gear, you'd do quite well selling off the mods on thier own and taking the bike as much back to standard as possible.
+ 1

Agreed!

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-11, 10:25 PM   #4
steveinhull

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
+ 1

Agreed!

Accepted 1400 against a 2005 gsxr 600 in the end, having looked at fleabay they dont seem to be fetching much these days

Just need shiny bits for new bike now
Old 25-08-11, 10:42 PM   #5
Scythe92

Quote:

Really? I paid £1100 off here for mine last August, mine's just clocked 16k and is pretty much standard except braided lines and springs
Old 26-08-11, 10:42 AM   #6
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinhull View Post
Accepted 1400 against a 2005 gsxr 600 in the end, having looked at fleabay they dont seem to be fetching much these days

Just need shiny bits for new bike now
A wise move sir, and a cracking trade in price it must be said!
All the best with the GSXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe92 View Post
Really? I paid £1100 off here for mine last August, mine's just clocked 16k and is pretty much standard except braided lines and springs
You paid £1100 last August (2010), thats not a terrible price provided the bike was right.
I would argue that the most valuble bikes are those which have remained as close to standard as possible with just a few of the tucked and tidied modifications (exhaust, tail tidy, crash bungs and braided lines) New spings is a big bonus assuming they're uprated and not just replacement, also your mileage is quite low whic works in your favour.
From what you've said and I've further assumed I'd expect your bike to be quite a nice example but would still not expect a private sale anything above £1000 if your waiting or £850 for quick sale.
Old 27-08-11, 11:20 AM   #7
steveinhull

[QUOTE=Owenski;2594348]A wise move sir, and a cracking trade in price it must be said!
All the best with the GSXR

Was a result that i didnt expect to be fair, K5 Gixxer with 10,500 on clock for 3250 from a dealer and its a minter too

I'll miss the yellow peril though, only had it 3 months but clocked up some fun miles on it and got some good road experience on it too

Looking forward to the Gixxer equally though i must admit
Old 28-08-11, 06:50 PM   #8
Daveog

Quote: