SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-01-06, 04:02 PM   #1
garfy

Default so much for happy new year

hi all i passed my test in november and got myself a blue k3 and i was loving every minute on it until about 2 weeks ago i hit some black ice on my way to work and came off at 30mph about 400 yards from work and smashed the top fairing/ front brake master cylinder and rear brake lever. i still had my ktm 125 so i put it as a second bike on my insurance and started using it until i get my sv sorted then (good old) friday 13th came i went to town on my bike all ok then get home leave it parked in the layby on my road at about 10:30am then gets to 12:30 time to go to work went outside it was gone so i now i have to claim off my insurance so i will lose 3 years ncb and i'm only 22 so renewal won't be good so much for happy new year!
Old 15-01-06, 04:05 PM   #2
Cloggsy

Chin up mate, least you're alright...

Just replied to your other post BTW...

Again, welcome to the site
Old 15-01-06, 04:08 PM   #3
Ed

Wot he says

Things can only get better
Old 15-01-06, 04:46 PM   #4
garfy

i hope it can only get better cos it feels like i'm being kicked when i'm down. i've had the ktm 3 and a half years with only 2 atempts of nicking it about a year ago so i think it was opertunists this time cos i don't normaly leave it there. it was me being lazy. last year when insured it the guy told me that at the time ktms were the most stolen bikes in the uk and he was surprised i still had mine!
Old 15-01-06, 04:54 PM   #5
Itching 2 go

you should only loose 2 years ncb, sorry to hear of your loss, hope things get better
Old 15-01-06, 05:03 PM   #6
garfy

cheers guys i'm garth. i hope i only lose 2 yrs ncb. i have being with the same company since 2002 when i got the ktm
Old 15-01-06, 05:08 PM   #7
Anonymous

hey garth, sorry to hear about the bike being nicked... Its a sickening feeling.

Chin up, like the otheres have said, you're still alive.

Selby huh... well.. i guess someone has to live there. lol

Im from York, just down the road from selby, and have loads of mates who live in selby.

If ya fancy hookin up for a beer in York sometime, PM me.

Hope you get the bike situation sorted fella..

Getyerkneedown.
Old 15-01-06, 05:24 PM   #8
garfy

yeah cheers buddy just need top fairing now then it will be happy days. selby can be a bit boring but i like the quietish life unlike york but i do like york for nights out and the ladees especialy in summer less clothes hehe may have to take you up on that beer sometime mate
Old 16-01-06, 12:20 AM   #9
philipMac

Not sure exactly where you are, North Yorks... I might have been up there pot-holing, quiet enough. But do you know any motorbike couriers about the area? In Dublin, (where bikes are stroked left and right BTW) when any of our bikes got robbed, we put APBs out on the courier network. The lads new bikes, and this was a pretty effective way of getting a location on them (unless they were stripped and parted out I suppose). Contacting the cops was absolutely pointless in this regard.

You owe pints to the lad who spots it

Rotten luck by the way.