2011 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2011 SV650.org's annual rideout

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-11, 08:21 AM   #111
AndyBrad

Default Re: T-Shirt Design Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
Wear your hair in pig tails.. Sorted.
agreed, all lasses should have their hair in pigtails. Can we make this mandatory?

i like the new design!!!! btw

Old 27-05-11, 08:24 AM   #112
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

No need in North Yorkshire.....you get the windswept look, so all yer hair will be out of the way of the name on your back

Typical kendal mint caker after a day out int Dales!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 27-05-11 at 08:28 AM.
Old 27-05-11, 08:38 AM   #113
Reeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
No need in North Yorkshire.....you get the windswept look, so all yer hair will be out of the way of the name on your back

Typical kendal mint caker after a day out int Dales!
Looks like my mum

Old 27-05-11, 09:00 AM   #114
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
That would be one to ask sir PT6.

I like the roberrrrt/SK design too. Only one thing.....I think it should have sv650.org there somewhere, as it doesn't say whose annual rideout it is. Also a reference to the date.
Read my text - I didnt have a load of time last night so still need to prep the SV650.org logo

The lid in the design is based off a Shoei XR1000 BTW

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
Old 27-05-11, 09:15 AM   #115
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Excuses, excuses, bloody men are full of them!

#waves pointy stick#

#mush, mush, get a move on#

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
Old 27-05-11, 09:36 AM   #116
Owenski

****REALISATION****

I've helped paul do a few of these shirt prints etc, if the pattern (like it is) is singular in colour then it'll be vynal printed and heat pressed onto the shirts from a singluar color roll.
Lets for now (and arguments sake) assume he's using white vynal to be mounted on black t shirts, those brake discs are going to require every single perforation in the disc edge picking out of every disc on each shirt so you can view the contrast of the shirt through the design.
A little quick maths would say if there are 60 holes on each disc intended for 120 shirts printed (similar to last years figure) then he's going to have to be picking out 7200 3mm circles of vynal.

So what Im getting at is: Is there a way we can make it so there are 100holes on each disc? ROFL Im joking obviously, is there an adjustment that can be made to reduce the number of holes, or band each of the 2 holes in a line together to make it just one slot, that way each disc of 60 holes becomes 20 slots reducing the amount of work (and time) by a third.

Old 27-05-11, 09:44 AM   #117
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
****REALISATION****

I've helped paul do a few of these shirt prints etc, if the pattern (like it is) is singular in colour then it'll be vynal printed and heat pressed onto the shirts from a singluar color roll.
Lets for now (and arguments sake) assume he's using white vynal to be mounted on black t shirts, those brake discs are going to require every single perforation in the disc edge picking out of every disc on each shirt so you can view the contrast of the shirt through the design.
A little quick maths would say if there are 60 holes on each disc intended for 120 shirts printed (similar to last years figure) then he's going to have to be picking out 7200 3mm circles of vynal.

So what Im getting at is: Is there a way we can make it so there are 100holes on each disc? ROFL Im joking obviously, is there an adjustment that can be made to reduce the number of holes, or band each of the 2 holes in a line together to make it just one slot, that way each disc of 60 holes becomes 20 slots reducing the amount of work (and time) by a third.
Already thinking of that and I will remove the holes completely - was thinking of narrowing the perforated area to make the flower bigger

Old 27-05-11, 09:45 AM   #118
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Mornnnniinnnnn

easy job - could either reduce the number of holes in the drilled disc - OR - print the disc element on transfer (like the AR10 sheep or GM4 midgie).. The only issue which springs to mind with the latter, is that the Flex used for the lettering has a nice msatin finish, but the printed transfers take on a matt finish once pressed so might look like it's been dropped in place afterwards.

We could happily do a test pressing and supply to dizzee/AR organisers to see if they're happy (and post pics on here but won't be as obvious/clear). It won't be screamingly obvious, but aesthetically there may be one or two people who deem the over all finished garment not to be of the best quality, simply because the transfer might look a little like it's been thrown together.

For those of you who've got your AR shirts from last year (sheep logo) have a look at the difference between the flex and printed transfer

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Old 27-05-11, 09:45 AM   #119
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

or has SK has suggested above

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Old 28-05-11, 04:27 PM   #120
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Ok so put a bit more work into this - all elements have been drawn/converted by my into my 3D proggy (so if you needed it as vextor/DXG whatever I can vie it to you like that Paul), even the SV650 logo is re-done rather than scanned.

Left shows the back of the shirt, to the right are the bit to go on the front, using the same layout as roberrrrts design.

Click on the pic for a double-sized version.

Closed Thread