SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 18-10-04, 08:36 PM   #1
Jelster

Default Fox's Diner, this Saturday (23/10)

I've got time on my hands this Saturday. The Mrs is taken my sister shopping all day, so I fancied a run up to M&P / Fox's in Dorchester Oxford if anyone cares to join me.

Old 20-10-04, 12:24 PM   #2
exduker

Pick me up somewhere near Maidenhead on the way past and I'll join you!

Any ideas what the weather's gonna be like? Wot time (ish)?
Old 20-10-04, 03:47 PM   #3
Jelster

Departure time will depend on what time my son is going to surface from his flea pit... At the age of 15 that could be after lunch

Seriously, he'll be riding pillion, so I'll have to give him a bit of time, so it'll probably be about 11.

I normally ride up the A308 from Windsor and onto the A404 at Bisham, drop down to the A4130 and on to Henly, so I can meet you anywhere around there if you like...
Old 20-10-04, 05:07 PM   #4
exduker

Cool, the missus has given me a pass until about 1:30pm so anytime upto about 11 (I s'pose 11:30 latest) meeting near Maidenhead would suit me fine.

If you ride through Maidenhead centre to join the A404 at Bisham, I can meet you in the Maidenhead Station carpark. Whereas, if you join the A404 at the M4 junction then the best place to meet would be at the Esso garage on the big roundabout as you come into the edge of Maidenhead from Windsor on the A308 (you might need to go 100yrds up the dual carriageway towards M'head then U-turn back to actually get to it from the Windsor road).

Of course, being a fair weather biker nowadays (had my time riding all year round when I was younger ) it all depends on if it's pee-ing down!

Buzz me on 07952 546281 if you want to discuss further.

Adam
Old 20-10-04, 06:00 PM   #5
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by exduker
Whereas, if you join the A404 at the M4 junction......
My Gixer doesn't do Motorways, well not in mt recreation time... Twist roads only

Old 21-10-04, 08:36 AM   #6
exduker

I wouldn't expect otherwise........

..........but when you come into Maidehead on the A308 its a 500yrds blast up the A308(M) to the M4 junction 8/9 roundabout and then right onto the A404(M) - it saves you going through the town centre, that's all.

so I'll see you at the station carpark then? Bell me when you leave your place and I'll start folding myself into my levvers

Adam
Old 21-10-04, 09:12 AM   #7
Twit

Seeing as I only live 10 mins from there I'll see if I can drop along...

That said I'm meant to be at a Land Rover meet in Newbury and the local weather forecast is for the weather to be really wet... Joy!! It will be about the 5th time this week that the bike has been flooded!!!!
Old 21-10-04, 10:09 AM   #8
Jelster

If it is giving it cats & dogs I doubt whether (weather ? ) I'll be going as I will have my son as pillion. I have no hang ups about riding in the rain, but I'd rather not put him at a higher risk too.
Old 21-10-04, 10:47 AM   #9
exduker

Yeh, as said previously, me on a bike and pee-ing down weather don't go well either, so we'll see if the Great British Autumn provides an unexpected stunner of a day
Old 21-10-04, 02:26 PM   #10
Trix

Bugger, I'm in N.Ireland for a wedding this weekend

Love Fox's diner too - the breakfast bap in particular - double sausage, double bacon, double egg..... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Ride safe!