SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 30-06-07, 03:13 PM   #1
andyaikido

Default Is there any point in booking a trackday in the near future?

Well, is there?

I wanted to get another in before going top the Nurburgring on the 21st of July but this weather is crazy, and showing no sign of letting up.

I've done 3 days this year, 2 spoilt by weather, 1 by crashes. As much as I love them I'm begining to get a bit disolusioned (sp) with trying to do trackdays in this country.

Old 01-07-07, 06:21 PM   #2
weazelz

Default Re: Is there any point in booking a trackday in the near future?

so stop crashing!

I know what you mean though - my last few have been wet & I've had a few off this year

I'm at cadwell a week on monday. the bike's still got wets on from last time out. I think I'll leave them on
Old 01-07-07, 06:36 PM   #3
Blue_SV650S

If you have 'wets' it's less of an issue, but even then when the weather is 'sowery' you never have the right tyre and it is a hassle full day changing wheels back and forth ...

I generally only book late anyway, but it's even more important if the weather is iffy like it has been of late ... the 5day forecasts are generally very good these days. So have a day/s in mind, if the forecast say 3days before is favorable, then book on ... if it isn't then give it a miss ... trackdays are for fun, you can pick and choose when to do them ... damp conditions are not fun ... if you have 'wets' full rain can be fun ... but certainly not what you would choose to have if you only have road tyres ...

My ideal trackday is 3/4 dry, with a couple of full 'wet' sessions* thrown in to mix it up a bit ...

(Presuming the rain to set in with enough opportunity for me to change wheels comfortably ).

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 01-07-07 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-07-07, 08:24 PM   #4
andyaikido

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
so stop crashing!

I know what you mean though - my last few have been wet & I've had a few off this year

I'm at cadwell a week on monday. the bike's still got wets on from last time out. I think I'll leave them on
Other people's crashes affecting track time, not me crashing (thank god). That would probably end the season for me.

I'm one of the few people left who ride to the track, especially miserable if you get get drenched on the way there and there aren't even pit garages to hide in (like Cadwell).

I'll go with what Blue said and book late, according to the forecast. My next trackday will probably be in September at this rate.