SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-09-04, 06:29 PM   #1
ruff_ryder

Default just a couple of questions!.......

well firstly i have jus purchased and fitted chrome twin headlights on my naked sv650 k2 in place of the round headlight.. i removed the old 1 and have jus taped up the wiring loom connectors and wiring that were contained in the old headlight as neatly as i can behind the new twin headlight as there is no room 4 them inside the light itself.. has any1 else fitted these hedlights and have they done the same as me.. or have they came up with a better idea?

And for my second question.. is it possible to jack up up the rear end as to alter the height of the rear subframe to give it a more of a street fighter look..as i know you can lower it by changing the the link on the suspension, i was wondering if theres a way to higher it

thanx

matt
Old 19-09-04, 06:59 PM   #2
manxsv

looking to raise the tail section on my k3 sv, and found this company on the web they sell tail riser kits.

http://www.amcmotorcycles.com.au/en-gb/dept_33.html
Old 19-09-04, 09:12 PM   #3
chewy22

ANSWER to the second question fit smaller dog bones.
Old 19-09-04, 11:58 PM   #4
weegaz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy22
ANSWER to the second question fit smaller dog bones.
this will drasticly alter the suspension geometry and raise seat height, to just jack up the tail all you need is extenders for the bottom subframe mounts

not sure if bandit mania sells anything to cover the wiring
Old 20-09-04, 02:00 PM   #5
Barty_b0y

nothing untoward with fitting a pair of 100mm hole center dog bones which will give an extra inch 95 will make 2" but your chain tension will need a closer look at how loose you need it to be so it isnt tight on full damper compression
Old 20-09-04, 03:24 PM   #6
weegaz22

only reason i said do the subframe mounts is because the k2 nakeds are known for their tank slapper actions(wheres jonboy? ) and changing to a 2 inch raise would be excessive and could cause more problems

brackets like this

Old 20-09-04, 03:43 PM   #7
Iansv

Where can you get these subframe mounts and how much work is involved... Thats exactly what I want my **** to look like...
Old 20-09-04, 08:55 PM   #8
weegaz22

make them yourself, couple of bolts and a bit of steel with holes drilled in it, guy who did it made it himself
Old 20-09-04, 08:58 PM   #9
chewy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegaz22
make them yourself, couple of bolts and a bit of steel with holes drilled in it, guy who did it made it himself
Only problem you will have is your can hangers will be out of line unless you have the aftemarket ones with the strap type hangers.
Old 20-09-04, 09:00 PM   #10
weegaz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy22
Quote:
Originally Posted by weegaz22
Only problem you will have is your can hangers will be out of line unless you have the aftemarket ones with the strap type hangers.
this is true, but the first mod sv owners usually do is buy a race can, if you havent then you will need to make an extra bracket from the footpeg hanger to the can