SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-01-13, 03:33 PM   #101
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Thats HMV going as well!

Equally companies such as Next pulling the plug on their kitchen range. Lots of people having paid deposits for an installation that will never happen.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-13, 03:38 PM   #102
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Just a thought.If they felt the need to check with the lawyers back in December that they could legally default on their obligations would it be reasonable to assume they knew they were insolvent then?If they then sold more vouchers would that be fraud?
Old 16-01-13, 03:39 PM   #103
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Good luck getting anything back off the administrators though you'll be at the bottom of a long list.
Old 16-01-13, 03:40 PM   #104
flymo
Mega Poster

good idea to use a credit card for this, especially for things like kitchens etc as the card company are equally liable.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-13, 03:51 PM   #105
ClunkintheUK

Just because you are insolvent doesn't mean you are in default. Insolvent means that you cannot pay your obligations. Default happens when you have not paid your obligations (usually a few weeks afterwards).

You can always legally default on your obligations, that's what the contract is for. It sets out what each party must do, and what happens when either party fails to do that.

As I said they could well have defaulted in November, as which point their creditors take control. The creditors do not have to put them into administration they merely have the right to. From their point of view and trying to maximise returns, it would have been stupid to do that before Christmas sales period. (I am not defending the stance)
Old 16-01-13, 03:54 PM   #106
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClunkintheUK View Post
Just because you are insolvent doesn't mean you are in default. Insolvent means that you cannot pay your obligations. Default happens when you have not paid your obligations (usually a few weeks afterwards).

You can always legally default on your obligations, that's what the contract is for. It sets out what each party must do, and what happens when either party fails to do that.

As I said they could well have defaulted in November, as which point their creditors take control. The creditors do not have to put them into administration they merely have the right to. From their point of view and trying to maximise returns, it would have been stupid to do that before Christmas sales period. (I am not defending the stance)
you can say that again!
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-13, 04:08 PM   #107
ClunkintheUK

Yes i can, but then i'd have to charge for my legal advice.
Old 16-01-13, 04:48 PM   #108
-Ralph-

If they had stopped selling vouchers before xmas, then questions would be asked why.

Good posts Clunk!
Old 16-01-13, 04:48 PM   #109
-Ralph-

If they had stopped selling vouchers before xmas, then questions would be asked why.

Good posts Clunk!

PS: I'm not defending it either, I'm just saying I can understand why it's been done the way it has, and even if it's totally heartless, that's big business.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 16-01-13 at 04:50 PM.
Old 16-01-13, 06:06 PM   #110
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I can understand why they did it too,but theres a fine line here.If you take money for a product and you can reasonably be expected to know that you will be unable to honour that transaction you commit fraud.Isnt that "fraudulent trading"and would be enough to disbarr you from being a director of a company?Im not saying they did this,but I would think there is a case for an investigation.