SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-05-08, 10:58 PM   #1
laMon

Default quick question to the lawyers out here :))

Hubby received his divorce paperwork in the post last Tuesday, and he still has not sent it back. What is his penalty and what can I do to speed him up. I'm really tired of his bitching.... thank you kindly
Old 14-05-08, 07:38 AM   #2
kitkat

Default Re: quick question to the lawyers out here :))

go round and pick it up saying that your going into town and can drop it off for him.
Old 14-05-08, 07:41 AM   #3
Stingo

I was under the impression that there was a form of time constraint/allowance on this type of paperwork - certainly was in my case. This is to allow the other party time to seek legal advice etc...

PS - I am not a lawyer/solicitor...just a pirate.
Old 14-05-08, 08:21 AM   #4
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post

PS - I am not a lawyer/solicitor...just a pirate.
Is there a difference?
Old 14-05-08, 08:36 AM   #5
Alpinestarhero

yup, stingo uses the language of "y'arrrggghhh!" etc

Laywers all talk even funnier

Stingo will turn up to court in a big boat

lawyers will turn up in a nice suit
Old 14-05-08, 09:20 AM   #6
jambo
Mega Poster

I would say that it's worth being patient on this one. I would imagine he has around 30 days to respond, 14 at the very least. I know you're in a hurry but it's rare I deal with any paperwork within the week, far less anything that complex. I hope it gets sorted soon, but I think you may need to give him some room on this, be fair he's had them a week!

Jambo
Old 14-05-08, 10:07 AM   #7
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Stingo will turn up to court in a big boat

lawyers will turn up in a nice suit
Pirates do all the pillage, plunder and burn thing.

Lawyers will do things far FAR worse
Old 14-05-08, 11:42 AM   #8
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
What will happen when I have sent or given the forms to
the
court?

You will be sent a form D9H (notice of issue of petition). It will tell you when the petition was sent to the respondent. It will be a receipt for your fee (if you have paid one) and will tell you your divorce case number. It also tells you what to do if the respondent (or any co-respondent) does not reply to your petition.
The court will post a copy of your petition with form D10 (acknowledgement of service) to:
• the respondent (with a copy of the proposed arrangements for any children) and
• any named co-respondent.
The respondent (and any co-respondent) have eight days to return the acknowledgement of service. The eight days start on the day after they receive the petition.
What will the respondent (or any co-respondent) do when they get the petition?
They may do one of three things:
• ignore the petition and not bother to return the form D10 (acknowledgement of service) to the court;
• fill in the form D10 saying that they intend to contest your petition and /or the court’s jurisdiction and return it to the court; or
• fill in the form D10 saying that they agree with the petition and return it to the court.
If form D10 is returned to the court by the respondent, or any co-respondent, the court will send you a copy. Leaflet D186 (The respondent has replied to my petition - what must I do) will tell you what to do next.
What will happen if the respondent (or any co-respondent) does not return the form D10 (acknowledgement of service) to the court?
When eight days have passed since the petition was sent, you should get two copies of form D89 (request for bailiff service), from the court.
Fill in the forms D89 and return them to the court. Send them with a photograph or written description of the respondent (and any co-respondent) and a fee for each person being served. The court staff will tell you how much it is.Page The county court bailiff will be asked to deliver the petition and other documents to the respondent (or co-respondent) personally. If you have been sent copies of the respondent’s (and any co-respondent’s) form D10 (acknowledgement of service), read leaflet D186 (The respondent has replied to my petition - what must I do?). It will tell you what to do next.
HTH
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...forms/d184.pdf
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-08, 11:45 AM   #9
Lozzo

I sent my initial divorce papers back quickly, then dragged my heels out to delay the rest of it for as long as possible by not responding to correspondence for weeks on end - there was a valid reason for this, it wasn't just bitching.
Old 14-05-08, 06:59 PM   #10
laMon

thank you Stu.
Popped in to the court, and if he does not return it will be dealt with after what Bailiffs thing handed in and another 80 quid.
Lozzo when it's over it's over...what is the point of making peoples lives misrable? maybe it's just me tho...