SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-01-09, 09:56 AM   #1
FG1

Default Thank you R & G

As some of you may be aware, I recently threw my bike down the road and had it written off.
The right hand R & G bung snapped off and was lost.
I rang R & G initially to see of I could buy one seperately so that the original brackets etc could still be of use.
When the nice man on the phone heard that mine had snapped they raised a warranty claim.
Admittedly, the insurance paid out for the damage so I wasn't at a loss due to the failure.
Today, I recieved some freebies from R & G.
The freebies were a tail tidy, crash bungs for a naked, bar end sliders and swing arm protectors.
Thank you Mr R & G.
Old 16-01-09, 09:57 AM   #2
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Default Re: Thank you R & G

Nice one!
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-09, 10:11 AM   #3
Dappa D

nice to see them looking after their customers, ...does this mean you have a left hand bungone you dont want (its actually just the bolt I need)...?...
Old 16-01-09, 10:37 AM   #4
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

"I think we just avoided another lawsuit from that guy who's bike got fecked when our product was totally ineffectual"

"Thank feck some people can be bought off so easily for a few bits of tat we had knocking about the office"

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-09, 11:08 AM   #5
FG1

lol stu.
It would be difficult to prove the bike was written off due to R&G failure.
As insurance paid out for the damage I doubt I could have sued R&G anyway....
Old 16-01-09, 11:17 AM   #6
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
"I think we just avoided another lawsuit from that guy who's bike got fecked when our product was totally ineffectual"

"Thank feck some people can be bought off so easily for a few bits of tat we had knocking about the office"

I've never understood the argument that R&G seemingly know they have a defective product and are too scared to fix it because it would in some way, prove the original design was flawed and therefore they'd be sued/suffer loss of reputation.

Surely they would just fix the alleged issue and say that they have improved their product based on feedback/research to make it an even better product than it already was?
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-09, 11:19 AM   #7
DMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post

Cynics-R-Us.com

R&G are one of the few companies around these days providing good customer service. They often replace broken or bent protectors following offs FOC.

Had a low speed off on my SV a few years back, the bung bent, but saved fairing/bike damage. R&G sent a replacement set FOC. Good peeps
Old 16-01-09, 11:22 AM   #8
flymo
Mega Poster

If the crashbungs were so strong as to come out unscathed I would hate to imagine what damage might have been suffered by the engine casings or frame.

Suppose it really depends on the type of impact but I would sure prefer to replace a crash bung than a cracked engine or bent frame.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-09, 11:32 AM   #9
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
Cynics-R-Us.com

R&G are one of the few companies around these days providing good customer service. They often replace broken or bent protectors following offs FOC.

Had a low speed off on my SV a few years back, the bung bent, but saved fairing/bike damage. R&G sent a replacement set FOC. Good peeps
would i be right in thinking you guys actually bought ur bungs from R&G and had a reciept/proof of purchase as opposed to buying a second hand bike with them already on? (i had an off not long ago, left bung reduced the over all damage but the bolt is now unusable, but the bungs were already on it....)
Old 16-01-09, 11:53 AM   #10
FG1

Dappa, mine were fitted at source when I got the bike. R&G didn't ask for any receipt but they asked for a few pictures of the snapped bolt and resulting damage.