SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-03-05, 10:27 AM   #1
jump

Default Help! Where can I get gear selector lever? Thanks.

Anyone know where I could get a gear selector lever for sv650s k4, which snapped off this morning after dropping bike ??

Live Battersea, but anywhere in central london or a mobile van who can come to my house and may have one?

Many thanks. James
Old 14-03-05, 10:36 AM   #2
jump

Default Re: Help! Where can I get gear selector lever? Thanks.

hi, just found one at metropolis! Thanks again. Oh and if you wash your bike on suday like I did and spray the front mudguard and fairing with shiny stuff to make it look new - make sure it dont go on the front tyre - my first off in 8 yrs of riding!!!!!!
Old 14-03-05, 10:44 AM   #3
Amanda M

Default Re: Help! Where can I get gear selector lever? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump
hi, just found one at metropolis! Thanks again. Oh and if you wash your bike on suday like I did and spray the front mudguard and fairing with shiny stuff to make it look new - make sure it dont go on the front tyre - my first off in 8 yrs of riding!!!!!!
Old 14-03-05, 10:47 AM   #4
Ceri JC

Be careful when putting it on- it looks like you can do it with a standard size 17 spanner (on the flat hex "round the back"), but make sure you get it in v. close. Unless you have an incredibly thin spanner, it won't be in all the way (and will likely come off when you change down a gear )
Old 14-03-05, 10:54 AM   #5
PoRk ChOp

Ceri - Its much easier to just remove the circlip (sp) on the front and then the whole fitting just slides off. Did mine in about 5 minutes flat. You have to have the thinest spanner in the world to try and attack from behind
Old 14-03-05, 12:17 PM   #6
jump

thanks, i managed to get the circlip off, and changed it, all good. The problem now is that the front brake is not working and the bike fell to the left..? the resevoir shows same amount of fluid, its not leaking anywhere, but the leaver has gone all spongy and no front brakes?