SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 05-08-07, 01:27 PM   #1
John 675

Exclamation Free mallory Track session

Here is two pics from my first track seesion! ive never done one before i am still ear to ear smiling . . now about that track bike...

Old 05-08-07, 01:31 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Free mallory Track session

looking good lylej! did that knee skim the tarmac?
Old 05-08-07, 01:37 PM   #3
John 675

Talking Re: Free mallory Track session

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
looking good lylej! did that knee skim the tarmac?
only just mate for a fraction
Old 05-08-07, 09:12 PM   #4
wyntrblue

i went along on my 650s curvy and hated it. so theres no way that im gonna be doing another one. there good pics tho
Old 05-08-07, 09:39 PM   #5
kwak zzr

what was the problem wyntrblue?
Old 06-08-07, 08:13 AM   #6
John 675

Exclamation Re: Free mallory Track session

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyntrblue View Post
i went along on my 650s curvy and hated it. so theres no way that im gonna be doing another one. there good pics tho
Why did you hate it mate i couldnt control myself... did the bike not perform?
Old 06-08-07, 08:29 AM   #7
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
Here is two pics from my first track seesion! ive never done one before i am still ear to ear smiling . . now about that track bike...

Looking good, you don't half have some angle of lean there.

If you shift the top half of your body over more and look through where the mirror normally sits, you'll find the lower half will sit better and your knee will touch down easier. As it is you're slightly twisting your top half into the centre line and that pulls your knee in. There's also scope for shifting your backside off the seat more, that would help. That's a really good effort, you have good positioning, but there's a little bit more to go to make it perfect. When you have it right you'll keep the bike more upright and have less risk of things touching down or running off the edge of the tyres.
Old 06-08-07, 08:29 AM   #8
G
Mega Poster

Gutted I missed this, I did however get a few laps around Cadwell on saturday between marshalling for CRMC.

I won the marshall raffel aswell
Old 06-08-07, 08:54 AM   #9
John 675

Smile Re: Free mallory Track session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Looking good, you don't half have some angle of lean there.

If you shift the top half of your body over more and look through where the mirror normally sits, you'll find the lower half will sit better and your knee will touch down easier. As it is you're slightly twisting your top half into the centre line and that pulls your knee in. There's also scope for shifting your backside off the seat more, that would help. That's a really good effort, you have good positioning, but there's a little bit more to go to make it perfect. When you have it right you'll keep the bike more upright and have less risk of things touching down or running off the edge of the tyres.

Thanks for the tips
as i said this is the first one i have ever done and that was the first time id really tried to touch down a little more off the seat i think would of gaurenteed it but on the first photo what you didnt see is my pegs touch down and get a nasty shake from it .1 of a second later lol,
Old 06-08-07, 09:28 AM   #10
wyntrblue

i think my biggest problem was the fact i use my bike to get to n from work. its my only form of transport and i really cant afford to fall off. i just couldnt relax. to be honest i think i would have had more fun if i had hired a bike but cant afford that either so that was that. i didnt even finish my 20min session. i did about 5 laps and came in. went home at the end of that session. i felt alot happyer and more confident when i got back on the road.