SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-03-10, 08:54 PM   #3141
sarah

Default Re: The running thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
Just back from a fairly light 7 mile recovery run, takes me to 300 miles so far this year Yay!
Wow! And I was feeling kinda pleased about nearly being at 200 miles so far this year.
Old 10-03-10, 01:45 AM   #3142
BernardBikerchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Wow! And I was feeling kinda pleased about nearly being at 200 miles so far this year.

wooww so impressed with these miles .. sadly my back let me down last week so brist walking swimming cycling is all i can do right now ! good luck hun can't be lond 6 weeks ??
Old 12-03-10, 09:59 AM   #3143
Purplevamp

Im planning on another long is run tomorrow morning, the weather should be nice and suuny too which is a bonus.
At the moment im avaeraging between 15 and 20 miles a week.
Cant wait to run 6 miles for Sport Relief on 21st. It should be great fun.
Old 12-03-10, 11:09 AM   #3144
Stig

Rumour has it a run on Sunday morning might be on the cards. Will be the first run in weeks. Hopefully this will be the boost I need to actually take my running gear into work and do something at lunch time instead of nothing.
Old 12-03-10, 11:47 AM   #3145
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardBikerchick View Post
wooww so impressed with these miles .. sadly my back let me down last week so brist walking swimming cycling is all i can do right now ! good luck hun can't be lond 6 weeks ??
thanks

yup, not long to go-just over 6 weeks. i can't wait
Old 13-03-10, 07:45 AM   #3146
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
Rumour has it a run on Sunday morning might be on the cards. Will be the first run in weeks. Hopefully this will be the boost I need to actually take my running gear into work and do something at lunch time instead of nothing.
Get at it mate and enjoy. Take it easy and don't bugger your knee up!

Still no running for me...
Old 13-03-10, 08:13 AM   #3147
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post

Still no running for me...
Old 13-03-10, 10:11 AM   #3148
krhall

My reason for starting running was my back and now I can't run, guess what?

My back is painful and so the vicious circle starts...I am going to see how my leg feels on Monday and if it is ok going to go round the block, if that is ok and I take it easy then perhaps I can start again.

A PB at London won't be on, but if I can run again I may plod it out. Fingers crossed!

Them I will never run another marathon again, the training takes too much time and effort. I never realised it did until I stopped training and see how much time I was spending with the kids.

Hopefully I will mend and it can be my third and final one.
Old 13-03-10, 10:13 AM   #3149
krhall

Sarah, you should be really proud of yourself and just how far you have pushed your running since late 2009 - it is astonishing!
Old 14-03-10, 02:13 PM   #3150
Purplevamp

Well my long run went well yesterday. I completed my first half maraton distance.
Actually run 13.30 miles in 2 hours 28 mins, and that had 11 horrid hills in it too! So im quite chuffed with that time.

I was totaly shattered afterwards and shaking, i drank a liter of water as soon as i got in and had something to eat. Almost fell asleep in the bath after too lol.