SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-04-12, 10:37 AM   #4151
Milky Bar Kid

Default Re: The running thread!

Thanks Anna, I may have to skip a few weeks of it if I am to fit it all in...lol!
Old 07-05-12, 11:14 PM   #4152
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Evening pavemount pounders, hope you're all well...

*Disclaimer alert - this is to do with my work stuff... *

I'm working with a company that's developing a rather nifty wee product for runners / joggers etc - would any of you guys mind me running a few ideas/suggestions etc past you as market research type stuff..?

I can't go into much detail yet, as it's all very hush-hush but it looks like a pretty cool little bit of kit if it all goes to plan...

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-12, 11:59 PM   #4153
EssexDave

As long as we're top of the ones to trial sure
Old 08-05-12, 04:29 AM   #4154
Dabber

Didn't know there was a running thread. Used to run myself, but had to stop due to a medical condition. Ran a few 10K races, nothing too fancy but enjoyed it when I could run.

Just checked the sale section on here,,it's only bike stuff, so if you know anyone who wants a Garmin Forerunner 405, just let me know, will list it on EBay soon.
Old 08-05-12, 08:01 AM   #4155
stewie

If its an anti joggers nipple device I'm in
Old 14-05-12, 02:06 PM   #4156
EssexDave

So had my marathon yesterday, didn't realise when I signed up that it was so damn hilly!

I managed 17 miles, which given I only had 3 weeks training I'd quite pleased with.

Not too sure today, but a couple of blisters.

Going to keep running as it's actually really enjoyable! Probably cut down on the distance though and aim to do about 12 miles a week.

One nutter at the marathon ran the route twice...
Old 14-05-12, 02:15 PM   #4157
anna
Mega Poster

Thats good going with only 3 weeks training under your belt.

I would say to let the blisters heal up before you keep going as you now have the time, perhaps go and get some new running shoes?
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-12, 02:24 PM   #4158
EssexDave

I actually bought some running shoes after having my gait analysed and they are super comfy but brand new so hoping they just need to be worn in a bit to prevent the blisters (and also as a cyclist I have soft feet I guess!)

I used 1000 mile socks and bodyglide stuff.

Letting the blisters heal before I run again - don't enjoy pain that much!
Old 14-05-12, 03:21 PM   #4159
Stenno

416 pages!? Strewth. Just started jogging with the missus as part of her exercise to get fit for a 3-peaks challenge. Haven't done any running since school so doing interval running at the moment til we build up endurance.

Out of curiosity, does everyone run on their heels or toes?
Old 16-05-12, 02:30 PM   #4160
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexDave View Post
I actually bought some running shoes after having my gait analysed and they are super comfy but brand new so hoping they just need to be worn in a bit to prevent the blisters (and also as a cyclist I have soft feet I guess!)

I used 1000 mile socks and bodyglide stuff.

Letting the blisters heal before I run again - don't enjoy pain that much!
Get some iodine, a needle and thread. Soak the thread in iodine and then puncture the blister with the needle. Drain the fluid and then push the needle into the blister and out again. Pull the thread through the holes. It'll sting like hell for a few seconds but it will also harden the soft skin under the blister and help it heal so much quicker.

I used to 'prep' my feet before a run by rubbing iodine into them. It hardens the skin and helps prevent blisters.

Another alternative to keep you running whilst you have blisters is to use Compeed plasters. If I am ever doing long distance runs, then I make sure I have a couple with me. Start feeling any 'hot spots', then stop and put the plaster over the spot.