SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-03-13, 09:12 AM   #41
Ceri JC

Default Re: Anti-Pinch Pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice19 View Post
What size are you using? 440 or 490?
490. It's snug, but it fits (K4 SV650s, without fairings). Using an 2.0M Almax III Series chain.

I also used the same cement in Anchor as in GordonM's pics.
Old 03-04-13, 11:43 PM   #42
madmanRAB

Me thinks it's time to upgrade from a chain (and a crap one at that!) through the rear tyre. I've always wanted a garage.. lol
Old 12-04-21, 10:12 AM   #43
EmptyBit

Sorry to dig this thread up but has anyone got photos of this installed?

It looks like anti pinch pin would be kinda loose in the triangle below fuel tank but I'm trying to imagine the photos that once existed in this thread!
EmptyBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 06:26 PM   #44
yokohama

I don't have photos of it on my SV but it fitted through the frame of a pointy fine. I'm not sure what you mean by loose ... it's attached to a chain at either end and looped through a ground anchor. I'm still using it on my Yamaha. The APP goes through the frame lower down, above the clutch cover. Can give you pics of that if any use.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 01:25 PM   #45
EmptyBit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
I don't have photos of it on my SV but it fitted through the frame of a pointy fine. I'm not sure what you mean by loose ... it's attached to a chain at either end and looped through a ground anchor. I'm still using it on my Yamaha. The APP goes through the frame lower down, above the clutch cover. Can give you pics of that if any use.
Pics would be useful. I put it through the triangle marked on photo below. I just felt like the APP is swimming in there and I might be at risk of damaging hoses with it resting there. I can wiggle it around quite a lot. Probably can't pull it through because of the chain like you say but it just feels less than optimal.

Old 13-04-21, 08:00 PM   #46
yokohama

Yep, that's where mine went. It's the 440mm length pin. I don't know if it makes a difference but mine was a K4 naked and I think I managed to poke it through at an angle avoiding all the hoses and resting on metal. See if you can move your hoses. The APP will move a little in situ but because of the head, it won't push through the gap in the frame and the padlock on the other side makes it impossible to pull through.
I'll take a few pics of it on the Yamaha tomorrow when it's light.

EDIT: Actually, I just found an old photo of my SV and here's a crop of the left side view. You can see the pipework and a gap to the other side where it's possible to place the pin without resting on top of the hoses.

Last edited by yokohama; 13-04-21 at 08:12 PM.
Old 14-04-21, 01:41 PM   #47
EmptyBit

I got a better pic of inside.

It's the arrow marked hose and connector that are mostly in the way. I either have to rest the APP on them or would have to put pressure on the hose if I put APP underneath. Not too confident on either method really.

Like this (resting on top of hose) is only real way at the moment.
Old 14-04-21, 07:34 PM   #48
yokohama

I think that would be OK. I may be wrong but if that's a coolant hose, it'll be pretty strong anyway. All I can say is that I put the APP through there and never had any problems in the 4 years I owned the SV.
Old 14-04-21, 10:21 PM   #49
EmptyBit

Fair enough. It does seem like it wouldn't be a huge issue as long as placed carefully. Just a shame it doesn't quite fit under the hose.

I guess a thief trying to remove it could cause some damage but the alternative is through the rear wheel which they could just remove... Seems silly buying nice chain and anchor only to lock the rear wheel
Old 15-04-21, 08:35 PM   #50
yokohama

Here's how I'm using it on an XSR900. (old sock to protect the frame) Its unlikely a thief would attack the APP, it's a solid lump of steel. They'd be much more likely to go for easier options like the lock or the chain.