SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-03-08, 11:41 AM   #1
olden mgroin

Thumbs up jacking plates

Hi all, just bought jacking plates for my pointy. I know how to fit them but should i put a jack under the suspension before i remove the old ones. Or does anyone have any tips on this matter. Many thanks.
Old 30-03-08, 12:35 PM   #2
ejohnh

Default Re: jacking plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by olden mgroin View Post
Hi all, just bought jacking plates for my pointy. I know how to fit them but should i put a jack under the suspension before i remove the old ones. Or does anyone have any tips on this matter. Many thanks.
The reverse is true. You need to lift the back end so that the rear suspension has no load on it before removing and refitting the dogbones(I'm assuming you mean the dogbones when you say 'jacking plates', if not forget what I just wrote ).
I did my mate's pointy by suspending the backend(frame) from a rafter in my garage.
Old 30-03-08, 01:38 PM   #3
olden mgroin

Default Re: jacking plates

Cheers ejohnh.