SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 17-07-20, 09:54 PM   #7211
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

What sort of Tenax, the 60s one? I punted out a load of lenses, a while back, most of them went for about a tenner, but it adds up.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 07:24 AM   #7212
Kenzie

Tenax Automatic https://camerapedia.fandom.com/wiki/Tenax_Automatic
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 11:07 AM   #7213
Kenzie

I've cleaned up and photographed some gear. I've got one of those fancy light tent things as I think a decent photo helps the listing. Just need to do some cropping, descriptions and get them on. Not sure whether to end it on a Sunday or a Thursday. What day do you think is best?

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 18-07-20, 08:05 PM   #7214
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

A few minutes after 9pm on a Sunday. You'll get a week of exposure and catch all the weekend folk with money burning a hole in their pockets.
Old 18-07-20, 08:09 PM   #7215
Kenzie

I got impatient and set them running. Got a few watchers already. Oddly enough most are on a old Minolta Hi-Matic GF point and shoot.

Old 19-07-20, 10:15 AM   #7216
Kenzie

Got a bunch of stuff listed. Just added an Olympus mju ii zoom 80 and in less that five mins had an offer, but going to let it run for a bit though. Had a low off on my ME Super that I declined. The Holga 120GN got a bid on almost straight away.

Old 24-07-20, 06:31 PM   #7217
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Well it had been too long so last night I messaged someone on an FB advert, there was one pic of a load of closed camera cases, and one pic of a Zeiss Symbolica. I got 21 pics back for various cameras, so went up there this arvo and found they had three large suitcases full. I had a trawl through, I had my eye on a Kiev 4, but not great and shutter problems, and there was a 35mm Stereo Graphic, decided against it, a Yashica D TLR, bit rough and something up with the focus. for £60 though I got a K1000 and a Ross Ensign Autorange 16-20:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDCNYr1gCqm/
These go for around 130 on ebay. The K1000 just needs a check over, it's all working, and it'll pay for the Ensign. The latter is all working, bit sticky at slow speeds, and a bit of lens haze, but overall very nice. The arm with the rotating prisms doesn't fold right down like the Super Ikontas, but it turns out it folds just a bit in order to fold the camera up. So for 5 mins I though the RF didn't work, in the end I could see the prisms rotating, and accidentally moved the arm, then realised it just wasn't sitting in front of the RF spot window. Total luck finding this, I've been keeping an eye out from mindless optimism.
Old 24-07-20, 08:29 PM   #7218
Kenzie

Bit different from the usual but you always were the rangefinder fan. You going to flip the K1000? I'm clearing a few at the moment and looking to put it towards something new. I was considering a Leica of some sort depending on what I make from this round, but even then it will need servicing and a lens. I'm kind of leaning towards a Nikon F or F2. Saw one with a 50mm f1.4 but it hasn't been relisted yet. Contemplating listing my T3 Super, I have a normal T3 but I'm not feeling the love, no point in having two of the same if I'm not going to use them. This would fetch a decent amount and allow a wider choice for the next buy. Got a spare Kiev 4M kicking around, shutter curtains have a slight bend but they run well and timing seems ok versus my 4AM. Just doesn't have a lens.

Last edited by Kenzie; 24-07-20 at 08:31 PM.
Old 24-07-20, 08:52 PM   #7219
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yep the K1000 should fetch a decent price on a bank holiday or at Christmas. Leica, expensive! Can't say I know much about them to be honest, they are definitely a cult thing.
Old 24-07-20, 08:59 PM   #7220
Kenzie

Apart from the quality and the name I don't know if the experience would be any different from my Zorki 1e.