SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-04-21, 08:17 AM   #11
TightRS

Default Re: Left rear indicator issue

I've got an SV650S K5. In 2018 @ 21k the front headlights stopped working with no full beam indicator either. Beneath the airbox snorkel are black, green and yellow multi connectors.

I've removed them from the metal holder bracket to make them easier to work on. The green one was hard to detach. The thickest orange wire (red stripe) had melted around the pin in the black connector socket. I cut and rejoined it alone with an 'ideal lever connector' and it's been fine.

The yellow block (switchgear, indicators etc) had more metal connectors which were a bit green or dull. I cleaned them with a dental tool, toothbrush and WD40.

The green connector was perfect as it's sealed, but it's a common failure and starting(?) issue so check it too.

Many years before I'd had the rear indicator bulb holder go rusty inside and stop working. I cleaned it with a wire brush, sandpaper etc and added a smear of grease to them all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0025~01.jpg (83.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0023_2~01~01.jpg (75.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0085_1~01~01.jpg (91.4 KB, 0 views)