SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-03-15, 09:28 PM   #11
martianskippy

Default Re: Camping holiday in Cyprus - recommendations?

Lou, you're a star!

He is only there from 5-7 July as he has a small business to run and can only ever spare 4-5 days at a time when going on holiday. He is most likely to hire a car so if you could give me the details of the place you use I'm sure he will be very grateful.

Some great recommendations there already - many thanks!
Old 06-04-15, 08:57 PM   #12
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Camping holiday in Cyprus - recommendations?

OOps sorry, almost forgot you!
Here is our car rental. They are pretty reasonable, pick up/ drop off at either airport. Family run business, easy peasy, no frills cars,....they aren't Avis!

http://streetwise.com.cy/

As for camp sites, that's been quite tricky. Two have closed down in the Larnaca area, one is on a beach ( Polis campsite) and the locals are a bit iffy of sending someone into the unknown up Troodos, because of venomous snakes as well as a few other excuses.
There is an environmental study centre in this village http://www.esc.com.cy/04kritou/kritou.htm and I have been told to try dropping an email because there may be opportunity for someone to take your friend into the wilds if he wishes to accept a little guidance terra@cytanet.com.cy . Its not far from Paphos either, on the Akamas Penninsula . A friend of a friend has a relative that works there. They've said not to worry about the dated website, and to use the email

There is a campsite up Stavros forest Station, and there are others, but it seems perhaps those are a little too big and commercial for your friends desires.

I hope this not too helpful info helps!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 06-04-15 at 09:15 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote