SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-01-19, 06:03 PM   #231
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Re: Quote of the day (sorry, Brexit related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
International law trumps UK law.

Did I hear that Nigel Farage is setting up a party to campaign for leaving Internationalshire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 06:07 PM   #232
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
What to we think on the talk of Green Cards making a return in the event of no-deal? Link

ermm its not just green cards its effectively everything. your EU passport and driving licence will become null and void and may be classed as an illegal document in uptight EU country's like ermm France, its an excuse for them and any excuse will do for the French..

lets not forget that although Parliament say people from the EU who have settled in the UK will not be sent home they might have no choice and they will be classed as illegal immigrants due to not having the relevant paperwork same goes for members of the UK in other EU country's.

now here is a big weird situation... how does a non EU member move from one country to another within the EU at the moment? does having your passport stamped in the first EU country constitute for movement between the rest?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 06:19 PM   #233
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
ermm its not just green cards its effectively everything. your EU passport and driving licence will become null and void and may be classed as an illegal document in uptight EU country's like ermm France, its an excuse for them and any excuse will do for the French..

lets not forget that although Parliament say people from the EU who have settled in the UK will not be sent home they might have no choice and they will be classed as illegal immigrants due to not having the relevant paperwork same goes for members of the UK in other EU country's.

now here is a big weird situation... how does a non EU member move from one country to another within the EU at the moment? does having your passport stamped in the first EU country constitute for movement between the rest?
I don't see how my UK driving licence suddenly becomes invalid, I still did the tests and earned it and still live/drive/ride in the UK. I'll/we will just require an International Driving Permit in any EU country I/we visit (except Ireland as Ireland doesn't require them for visitors currently) and an Insurance GC.

On the subject of your last point, (In the event of no deal) I will be travelling through ROI (with a green card) to get on a boat to Wales, to return a few days later from Holyhead.. Wonder how much grief if any, I will have? I don't have any faith that it'll be smooth sailing.

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 19-01-19 at 06:24 PM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 06:34 PM   #234
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
Agreed but there needs to be more than one. The size of population compared to that of the other entities is glaring. London effectively already has one and it's current leaders are using it (including financial contributions ?) to great effect to meddle it national affairs. Removing the London influence from an English assembly would make one much more acceptable to the rest of us.
But I think we have much more to deal with at the present.
Any way I'm of back to bed.
ermmm NO.. if the people of England want regional representation then new country's must be formed. Midland and Southland? and no you cant have Northland as Englanders referring to "the north" as north of England already pizzes me right off

have the assembly/parliament anywhere you like in England.

oohhh and i also want a single UK bank note not tied to the BOE so we can spend it anywhere in the UK we like without prejudice.
Old 19-01-19, 06:43 PM   #235
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
I don't see how my UK driving licence suddenly becomes invalid
it wont in the UK but it will abroad as its an illegal document due to its wording as an EU licence which will hold no valid entitlement. you will have to apply for a new one to be issued without the EU entitlement. same goes for your passport.

are the Government going to foot the bill? fuk no as it was the public's wish we leave the EU so you will pay......
Old 19-01-19, 06:47 PM   #236
Chris_SVS

Quote:
it wont in the UK but it will abroad as its an illegal document due to its wording as an EU licence which will hold no valid entitlement. you will have to apply for a new one to be issued without the EU entitlement. same goes for your passport.

are the Government going to foot the bill? fuk no as it was the public's wish we leave the EU so you will pay......
There's where the IDP comes in does it not? Surely they aren't/can't invalidate every UK driving licence and force renewals overnight? The DVLA can barely handle simple questions,nevermind millions of licences

I hold an Irish Passport

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 19-01-19 at 06:49 PM.
Old 19-01-19, 07:04 PM   #237
Bibio
Mega Poster

ROI passport?

we shall see what happens... your licence will have to be issued in the country you passed your test. your going to have fun......

the whole thing is the EU part of your licence/passport will no longer be valid ANYWHERE unless its written into the exit deal if the UK get one. we will no longer be part of the EU and all the benefits that go with it.

the UK could drop all licence/passports and issue brand new ones with al the relevant entitlements for all country's but the problem with that is people abroad will also have to apply for a new one if they hold an EU entitled passport... lets not even get into the whole debate of what will happen to people abroad in country's like ermm Afghanistan, South America etc.etc.. sorry you cant leave as your passport is not legal so we are going to throw you in jail till you can prove your nationality..

i personally will not be going ANYWHERE in the next few years until its all sorted out.
Old 19-01-19, 07:11 PM   #238
Chris_SVS

Quote:
ROI passport?

we shall see what happens... your licence will have to be issued in the country you passed your test. your going to have fun......

the whole thing is the EU part of your licence/passport will no longer be valid ANYWHERE unless its written into the exit deal if the UK get one. we will no longer be part of the EU and all the benefits that go with it.

the UK could drop all licence/passports and issue brand new ones with al the relevant entitlements for all country's but the problem with that is people abroad will also have to apply for a new one if they hold an EU entitled passport... lets not even get into the whole debate of what will happen to people abroad in country's like ermm Afghanistan, South America etc.etc.. sorry you cant leave as your passport is not legal so we are going to throw you in jail till you can prove your nationality..

i personally will not be going ANYWHERE in the next few years until its all sorted out.
Yes. I passed my tests in the UK Something Northern Ireland is part of Such a part of the UK that our main DVLA contact is in Swansea

Again, is this not where International Driving Permits come in? (For all of us, for EU travel until a proper recognition of driving entitlement agreement is made)

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 19-01-19 at 07:14 PM.
Old 19-01-19, 07:14 PM   #239
Bibio
Mega Poster

so your an ROI national with an ROI passport?
Old 19-01-19, 07:16 PM   #240
Chris_SVS

British National with a birthright/entitlement to hold either an ROI or GBR passport, even both. At the time of applying, the ROI one was cheaper and my local Post Office didn't have GBR forms.

**Let me be very clear here. I am neither religious nor political, there's no undertones to these posts..

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 19-01-19 at 07:19 PM.