SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 01-08-11, 07:53 PM   #1
Treacle

Default The Other Soho Massive Rideout Ride Up AR11 (Treacle's tarmac tear up!)

I have already discussed this with Keith so not to tread on any toe's.
This one is for the rider who fancys a bit more roads and bit less motorway and with a bit more of a spirited pace.

Meeting time is 8:30 to 9am at the Scratchwood/London gateway services 1st service station at the bottom of the M1.
Depart at 9:30 bang on so we can get cracking. NO FAFFING ABOUT FOLKS!
Straight up to Jct18 -->A5 past Hinckley then onto the A444 past Burton Upon Trent A511 then up the A515 --> Ashbourne --> Buxton --> Glossop (A6 or I would much rather the A5004 depending on time) then west towards the M67 --> M60 --> M66 --> A56 to Padiham --> A671 to Clitheroe on to the B6478 to Wigglesworth onto the A65 towards Austwick.

Fuel and Lunch stops as we go.

Google recons it will take 7 to 8 hours but I recon we can beat that a tad.

So whos with me? *Please be aware that I wont be hanging about*

Feel free to ad your name folks.

1. Treacle
Old 01-08-11, 09:08 PM   #2
Cazza

Default Re: The Other Soho Massive Rideout Ride Up AR11 (Treacle's tarmac tear up!)

Sounds good. I'm in, Treacle-chops.

1. Treacle
2. Cazza
Old 01-08-11, 10:51 PM   #3
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Other Soho Massive Rideout Ride Up AR11 (Treacle's tarmac tear up!)

I'll get a 29 hour head start then.......
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 08:58 AM   #4
jambo
Mega Poster

1. Treacle
2. Cazza
3. Jambo

(9am for the M1!?)
Love you
Jambo
Old 02-08-11, 09:07 AM   #5
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

My head-start is only going to be about 23 hours, so get the coffee's on for when I get there

Have fun guys and see you there, I'm off up on Thursday to get about 20 liters or so of Ginger Beer on the go

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 12:31 PM   #6
Sosha

Considers starting a 6pm M40 filtertastic motorway mayhem thread? Nah - Keep the G&T on Ice...

1. Treacle
2. Cazza
3. Jambo
Old 02-08-11, 01:24 PM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Enjoy your ride up from Clitheroe. Waddington to Slaidburn is a fun bit. Just After you leave Slaidburn and cross the river there is a nasty left hander that can catch some unaware due to being uphill and a dodgy camber etc.

Personally, if the weather is good, I would recommend about 4 miles after Slaidburn you take the left turn at the telephone box & sign post for Clapham/Stocks Reservoir and follow the Keasdon road (about 13 mile) to Clapham railway station. and onto the A65, turn right and it is about a mile to the camp site. You would be unlucky to see a single car in that 13 mile

As you get to the top, it is an ideal photo opportunity, there is a bench put there by Bluepetes family in memory of his grandpa

Last edited by timwilky; 02-08-11 at 01:42 PM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 02:14 PM   #8
Raf

1. Treacle
2. Cazza
3. Jambo
4. Raf

Now it is going to be interesting to find out how to get to those services...
Old 02-08-11, 02:38 PM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf View Post
1. Treacle
2. Cazza
3. Jambo
4. Raf

Now it is going to be interesting to find out how to get to those services...
North Circular to the M1, then its on the left...

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 08:33 PM   #10
Treacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Enjoy your ride up from Clitheroe. Waddington to Slaidburn is a fun bit. Just After you leave Slaidburn and cross the river there is a nasty left hander that can catch some unaware due to being uphill and a dodgy camber etc.

Personally, if the weather is good, I would recommend about 4 miles after Slaidburn you take the left turn at the telephone box & sign post for Clapham/Stocks Reservoir and follow the Keasdon road (about 13 mile) to Clapham railway station. and onto the A65, turn right and it is about a mile to the camp site. You would be unlucky to see a single car in that 13 mile

As you get to the top, it is an ideal photo opportunity, there is a bench put there by Bluepetes family in memory of his grandpa
Top man! Cheers Tim, I was thinking about that little road upto Clapham station and it will be nice to pay Bluepetes grandads bench a visit.

See you there.