SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-08-09, 01:06 PM   #1
BomBalong

Exclamation How to Wire Hein Gericke Flasher Relay

Hi people,

im in need of some help ( Yes i have searched the forum with no luck ).

today i bought the hein gericke flasher relay ( 3 pins ) today and had a look in the sv's manual and it doesnt seem to just plug in??? the guy at the desk said that it should just plug in, but im pretty sure that its not possible can anybody please shed some light as to what im todo.

Thanks,
Ben.
Old 30-08-09, 01:16 PM   #2
BomBalong

Default Re: How to Wire Hein Gericke Flasher Relay

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????
Old 30-08-09, 02:25 PM   #3
BomBalong

BUMP,

can some-one just let me know what wires go where to the relay please, it has a L pin, B pin and a E pin, im only asking so i dont screw it up just a double check if you will.

thanks.
Old 30-08-09, 03:37 PM   #4
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBalong View Post
BUMP,

can some-one just let me know what wires go where to the relay please, it has a L pin, B pin and a E pin, im only asking so i dont screw it up just a double check if you will.

thanks.
My flasher unit is the two pin sort and as there are only two wires in the SV's normal relay that handle the indicators ,makes sense that it should be a 2 pin flasher unit not a 3. My flasher unit has the L & the B pin on. I'm assuming L is live dunno what B is (bu I bet its obvious) and your third pin is earth. This may mean that you could get away with using the 3 pin relay using the L & B pins as normal (wired into the light blue & brown wires on a pointy) then wire the 'E' pin to an earth point somewhere.

Then again I could just be talking bollards....
Old 30-08-09, 03:44 PM   #5
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

TBH i prefer it that my indys flash faster as they get noticed more imo, specially if they are LEDs.
Flash rate for MOT pass is between 90 - 120 per min iirc.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-09, 03:47 PM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
TBH i prefer it that my indys flash faster as they get noticed more imo, specially if they are LEDs.
Flash rate for MOT pass is between 90 - 120 per min iirc.
Mine don't flash at all
Old 30-08-09, 04:07 PM   #7
BomBalong

cheers guys, i was thinking about keeping them flashing fast, but where i work is where VOSA have their weighbridge and scrutineers. so id rather have them legal. plus i cba to sit there trying to count the amount of flashes in a min.
Old 30-08-09, 04:11 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Dont sit there for a min you nutter, only 15secs and then x by 4. Easy. And you'll find a majority of the LEDs are close enough i think.
Fast movement catches the eye dont you know
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote