SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 04-02-08, 09:55 AM   #1
plowsie

Default London Traffic

Ahh that was fun yesterday...Went to the excel show, may not be Soho but closeish, found some traffic, in lots of places, 3 people walked out in front of me and a scooter barged through at a lights passed me

Cars are politer than i thought, most of them got out of the way which is better than Northampton...

Dunno where we went but it was busy enough Grandad was leading and just decided we'd go sightseeing as we'd finished at Excel. To say it was fun would be understatement, but i coped.

FILTERING IS FUN
Old 04-02-08, 02:57 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: London Traffic

haha! You should have let us know you were coming down mate...we could have met up and taken you thru some REAL ccrappy congested roads if you'd liked.

Or had a coffee at the Ace which is far better fun than filtering with sundat drivers, lol.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 03:18 PM   #3
Mr Toad

Did you get to use your knee sliders ?

Filtering along the side of a big red bus is best
Old 04-02-08, 06:07 PM   #4
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Ahh that was fun yesterday...Went to the excel show, may not be Soho but closeish, found some traffic, in lots of places, 3 people walked out in front of me and a scooter barged through at a lights passed me

Cars are politer than i thought, most of them got out of the way which is better than Northampton...

Dunno where we went but it was busy enough Grandad was leading and just decided we'd go sightseeing as we'd finished at Excel. To say it was fun would be understatement, but i coped.

FILTERING IS FUN
myself, bear, mr anderson and bluethunder were all there yesterday!! you should've said you were coming down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad View Post
Did you get to use your knee sliders ?

Filtering along the side of a big red bus is best
PSML. i must do that it the summer when it'a warm enough for the leather trousers to come out!!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 02:28 AM   #5
plowsie

I saw bluethunders bike, you werent all parked together were ya?
Old 05-02-08, 08:25 AM   #6
anna
Mega Poster

hey plowsie glad you had fun mate.. yup london car drivers are very used to bikes so they know to look out for us.. doesnt mean they always do or that they always get out of your way mind

next time let us know your down
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 08:52 AM   #7
Alpinestarhero

Welcome to london Stu; you shoulda stuck around for the A406 north circ traffic going towards wembely and hangar lane aswell

Matt
Old 05-02-08, 01:22 PM   #8
Kinvig

Yeah, pedestrians are a nightmare. Surely the Green Cross Code still taught in schools?
Old 05-02-08, 02:26 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
Yeah, pedestrians are a nightmare. Surely the Green Cross Code still taught in schools?
You're kidding aint you dirk???? Why the hell do you think they run those ads telling us who use the roads that if we hit kids more slowly more of them would survive? More would be maimed for life and more would be in wheelchairs with more families having to spend their lives looking after their paraplegic (sp) kids.

But thats not the point is it...oh no, roads are not dangerous places full of big metal objects hurtling at speed here and there and places to be avoided by soft fleshed bipeds, oh no.

I know ...lets roll out a blanket 20mph limit instead of teaching kids some sense...cos teaching kids sense means they have to think for themselves and take responsibility for their actions and the last thing a nanny state like this wants is a whole new generation who actually think for themselves

*ahem* no they dont teach the green cross code anymore!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 02:40 PM   #10
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

I know ...lets roll out a blanket 20mph limit instead of teaching kids some sense...
don't joke - Ken is thinking about that right now!!

Oh and here's a blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDUdebqDEs