SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 10-08-05, 08:07 AM   #1
thor

Default Motorcycle Congestion

Today I got held up from my usual progress along streatham high street by 4 bikes! Bloody useless they were. Wouldn't make room in front of lead cars at lights, would dive towards gaps and then back off from actually using them but still block them up, wouldn't accellerate hard from lights so we can all change lanes as we want.

Anyone else had this problem?
Old 10-08-05, 08:08 AM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

All the time!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-05, 08:44 AM   #3
Magoo

Streatham High Road is a joke! What time do you go down there? This morning at about 8:30 there was the ubiquitous bad rider on a giant scooter that doesn't take being over taken well and promptly tried to take out my back wheel.....at the moment in general, I prefer bad car drivers....there is something altogether more evil about bad bike and scooter riders! It seems with all the new people commuting on two wheels there is no longer the feelinh of being part of a fellowship...every rider for themselves and sod the rest of them!

Now PEDESTRIANS!!!! Actually slapped one this morning!
Old 10-08-05, 08:45 AM   #4
BillyC
Mega Poster

It's summer... expect it!

Also after the bombings, every Tom, **** and Harry that owned a bike decided to ride it into London, to avoid the trains/busses. Trouble is, there were in over their head - caused more problems than they solved - very irritating.
Old 10-08-05, 09:03 AM   #5
thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo
Streatham High Road is a joke! What time do you go down there? This morning at about 8:30 there was the ubiquitous bad rider on a giant scooter that doesn't take being over taken well and promptly tried to take out my back wheel.
Umm, that could have been me! What colour was the scooter? I'm on a green yamaha majesty, black helmet, black jacket. There was a very irritating X9 rider though (not me). You weren't by any chance the SV with the cardboard plate were you?
Old 10-08-05, 09:56 AM   #6
Magoo

No SV at the moment so riding a new silver Honda VFR800...don't think I saw you but will keep my eyes open for you in future!
Old 10-08-05, 09:58 AM   #7
thor

No didn't see you. I was riding bit agressively though.
Old 10-08-05, 10:18 AM   #8
helen

haven't been held up on the move by bikes...but yesterday was the 4th time in a row someone's had to help me get my bike out of its bay after a scooter rider has jammed his/ her bike in anyhow. Bike bays are def more crowded at the moment. I'm going to start leaving horrible messages on scooters soon.
Old 10-08-05, 01:55 PM   #9
SVeeedy Gonzales

Or the ones who desperately blast past you on a straight bit (at 50+ in a 30. Good work guys) then scream and wet themselves when they only have a 2 metre gap to filter through Best just steer clear of 'em. They'll scare themselves off soon enough if they have that little roadsense or bike control.
Old 10-08-05, 02:19 PM   #10
jambo
Mega Poster

I was probaly part of the scrum, though recently I've been joining the A23 at Brixton and going up to Oval / Elephant & Castle / London Bridge. If you see a **** on a Blue Y reg ZX6R in blue / black cordura who's going too fast and seems 1/2 asleep, it's probably me.