SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-01-08, 01:49 PM   #1
sv_nutter

Default Suzuki lower fairing brackets

Hi

Firstly im totally new to this forum so hello every1!!!!!

basically ive got a sv650 sk5 and im looking into purchasing sum faring lowers, i have found sum but they do not have any of the fixing brackets with them, i have phoned my local suzuki dealer and they do not sell them sepratly was wondering if any1 was aware of where i could purchase these from.

Thanks in advance
cheers jason
Old 16-01-08, 04:37 PM   #2
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default Re: Suzuki lower fairing brackets

You can... but there appears to be only one place online that sells it, and it's not cheap.

Hopefully someone else who remembers the thread where it was mentioned will be along shortly with the link.

Edit: Found the thread I was thinking of, and they mentioned Banditmania. Had a quick look but couldn't find anything on the site about selling it individually, but do sell fairings with fixing kits, might be worth giving them a call.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008

Last edited by Steve_God; 16-01-08 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Update
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-08, 04:53 PM   #3
John 675

i only know of R&G crash bungs but they only replace the center mounts (which snap in one off) the best thing to do is check with the breakers matey
Old 16-01-08, 10:42 PM   #4
chunkytfg

PM sv650 Racer as she found a set lying around in her stock room the other day while i was heling her have a clear out
Old 17-01-08, 10:29 AM   #5
trinyquist

According to the customer service at Robinsons Foundry, these are what you need. They are the only place I could find that do them. Two problems though - 1) I haven't bought these yet because my fairings need respraying before they go on so can't confirm if they are the right thing or not, and 2) These are under the "SV650S K4 2004" heading, which I have, so I don't know if they will work with your K5!

Give them an email, see what they say
Old 17-01-08, 12:13 PM   #6
Steve_God
Mega Poster

I the radiator was changed at K5 which meant that an additional bracket was needed for the K5/K6/etc... fairings,

Here are links of the installation guide, they show the 'U' shape bracket that's needed:

http://garratt.googlepages.com/DSC03075.JPG
http://garratt.googlepages.com/DSC03076.JPG
http://garratt.googlepages.com/DSC03077.JPG
http://garratt.googlepages.com/DSC03078.JPG

However it's possible that they might have the bracket that's needed - worth giving them a ring.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-08, 12:49 PM   #7
Cam_73

I fitted lowers last summer.

As I also had R&G's I didn't use the spacer brackets.

The kit that comes with them has different bolts and bushes for the K5-K6, radiator fixings, as Steve says.

The two brackets that have to be fitted at the rear are specials. Ununless you are any good at fabing them up (a small weld nut plate and a round bush with a tab would be required).

I think I chucked my spare bits out, I'll have a look and let you know.

Cheers
Old 17-01-08, 01:18 PM   #8
sv_nutter

hello cheers for all the response ?112 is a little bit to steap consdering thats more than i would be paying for the fairings! lol um what is this about r&g because i have mortax crash bungs on the bike does this mean i could get away without the brackets? oh and i have emailed sv650racer just waiting for a response.
cheers jason
Old 17-01-08, 08:19 PM   #9
Cam_73

I had a set of R7G's for a faired K3, so I didn't need the main spacer bracket supplied with the kit.

Not sure about the Motrax bungs, they are probably like the R&G's one set for unfaired/bikini and another for fully faired(lowers)

Cheers
Old 19-01-08, 11:42 AM   #10
d8mof

i bought my fairings without fitting kit (dirt cheap) then bought r&g crash bungs 4 a sv with lower fairings then made the rest of the brackets up, v-easy to do as i couldnt find any1 that sold a kit. afternoons job max,and the r&g brackets stand up to a lot of crap (just in case lol) hope that helps matey