SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-12-13, 09:51 AM   #1
mase_tw

Default Removing System 3 Datatool Alarm?

Hi,

Does anyone have a clue how easy or hard it would be to remove this alarm system from an SV650?

As i think this is causing my indicator issue and tbh the bike is garaged every night and only ever locked up at work?

How much would i be looking at the get a shop to remove this?

Regards

Mason
Old 09-12-13, 10:46 AM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: Removing System 3 Datatool Alarm?

the datatool alarm has potentially three circuit breaks (if they were all used), this means tracing those three and replacing the part of original wiring removed when the alarm was fitted ( so some soldering required).

Tracing these circuits has a further degree of difficulty it that all the wires from the alarm as black, but with patience it isn't a difficult job.

Cheers Mark
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-13, 09:19 PM   #3
muzikill
Mega Poster

It could have been spliced into the looms factory alarm plug. Eg chopped of!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 09:56 AM   #4
mase_tw

Sooooo does anyone fancy coming to london and earning a drink to remove this bad boy? haha
Old 10-12-13, 12:50 PM   #5
ophic
Mega Poster

Removed one just the other week. Fairly simple, just needs the wires tracing from the alarm unit. The wires are all colour coded on the bike so it's fairly easy to splice them back together.

Worth removing the rear plastics as this makes access much easier. Might not be possible otherwise.