SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-05-05, 09:27 PM   #71
busasean

i've got a brother and sister in law who are both coppers, my best mate is a fireman and another good mate is a nurse, all off whom deal with road accidents, but its funny that none of them can ever recall dealing with an accident caused either directly or indirectly by a loud can or a small no. plate!!! yes they are illegal and yes if you get caught and nicked, then really you shouldnt complain. however 99.9 % of coppers use common sense and have a quiet word, which leaves traffic coppers. hmmm........ common sense and discretion? maybe not eh.the law is the law, which is fair enough but the problem is that there is no consistancy and IMHO the punishment doesnt fit the (?)crime. I think most people want serious crime sorted rather than petty rubbish like this. EASY, QUICK RESULTS WHICH JUST HAPPEN TO MAKE MONEY, NO SURELY NOT!
Old 10-05-05, 11:07 PM   #72
Jelster

Default Re: As per

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmacsv650
Saftey in numbers theory???
If there is a number of you 1 or 2 police are going to have a difficult time dealing with you all, so they tend to give you verbal warnings unless you are riding like a real pratt....

Old 11-05-05, 07:24 AM   #73
Bikerz

i only asked as i cant get a legal system for an SV400S, and theres no way in earth im riding without the noisiest system i can get my hands on after my accident.
Old 11-05-05, 05:02 PM   #74
northwind
Mega Poster

Are you sure an SV650 system won't bolt on? The level of interchangability is huge...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-05, 07:26 AM   #75
Bikerz

yeah the systems are exactualy the same im pretty sure, but theres is no way im riding with a stock exhaust system and seeing as the one i have is the best money can buy (plz dont have an arguement, its gd enough for me) then im keeping it, was just wondering what they could do me for at worst.

Dont know what system i have, maybe u lot know from the pics

http://groups.msn.com/Bikerzz/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

its real carbon cans not just covered and its unmarked totaly! so dont know anything about it, but its clearly illegal on tickover i recon!
Old 12-05-05, 06:58 PM   #76
northwind
Mega Poster

Can't get your image to work but I reckon it's most likely a japanese import Kenz Sport system, if it's a full twin system for the carbed bike with carbon cans.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-05, 01:34 PM   #77
Anonymous

Just a query about exhausts:

I bought a new Yoshi Cyclone EEC - this is E1 marked and road legal with baffles in to meet the noise constraints (I can't be bothered taking them out, it sounds good enough) - would this get through an MOT fine without having to put the stock system back?

Cheers
Martin
Old 11-06-05, 09:39 AM   #78
MarkSVS

Good to see nothings changed since I departed for the land of Gixer!

This is my first visit since 11th Nov 2004 and you're still debating the same stuff!

Agree with most of what's been said: if it's illegal and you get caught just take it on the chin. I've got a tiny plate, the world's loudest race can and black visor and I've never been pulled because I refuse to ride like a **** in built up areas. Loads of coppers have seen my bike and none have ever given me hassle. To be honest, I think most of them are too intelligent and have better things to do than worry about cans, plates and visors. Thankfully round here they are more bothered with doped up Barry in his Nova and his attempt to qualify...

Miss my SV and the fun it gave me. My 750 is a bit of a beast and, if I'm truthful, too much for the road. If you're thinking of upgrading because you want more power...save your money!
Old 11-06-05, 01:33 PM   #79
Warren

got a question for ya.

is it against the law to have headphones in and listen to music under your helmet while riding ?

im asking this question on behalf of a friend btw.
Old 11-06-05, 06:26 PM   #80
Godikus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikageboy
got a question for ya.

is it against the law to have headphones in and listen to music under your helmet while riding ?

im asking this question on behalf of a friend btw.
I think it's only legal to have one earpice in.