SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 25-01-08, 03:45 PM   #51
stewie

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
this has given me a goal. i am going to try and get fit and get a bike to do this. keep my fingers crossed
Good man, we,ll all keep em crossed as well,
Old 25-01-08, 04:00 PM   #52
stewie

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Sorry, I know this isnt the place for this, but I thought you might like to hear what one me kids said before;

'dad, do you mind if I dont go on the Egg run with you ?'

'er yeah' I replied

' no probs love, if thats what you want no problems, but it,ll be a good day out, 5000 bikes, you,ll get to meet me mates, be in one of the biggest rideouts in europe'

' oh I dont mind the rideout' she said

'just dont want to go running in all me bike gear'

she thought it was a sponsored charity jog, kids eh ? still smiling now, and she,s the bright one

Last edited by stewie; 25-01-08 at 04:04 PM.
Old 25-01-08, 04:51 PM   #53
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Good on ya Mr C! I'm working towards this too, but not from such a serious point of view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
good on you mate. Looks like we will have the wonky hip gang (you and Claire at least) to rival the wonky knee gang
NEVER! Feck orf and find your own place to have your little "gang". Mind you, if you need it rubbing Claire......
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-08, 06:44 PM   #54
Speedy Claire

i`ll bear the kind offer in mind... so far apart from some pain more in the pelvic region (which I think might be a bit embarrasing if i`m stood in the middle of the egg run with someone rubbing it!) its bearing up ok and leg still pointing in right direction
Old 25-01-08, 06:44 PM   #55
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Sorry, I know this isnt the place for this, but I thought you might like to hear what one me kids said before;

'dad, do you mind if I dont go on the Egg run with you ?'

'er yeah' I replied

' no probs love, if thats what you want no problems, but it,ll be a good day out, 5000 bikes, you,ll get to meet me mates, be in one of the biggest rideouts in europe'

' oh I dont mind the rideout' she said

'just dont want to go running in all me bike gear'

she thought it was a sponsored charity jog, kids eh ? still smiling now, and she,s the bright one

awww bless them..... they gonna both come????
Old 26-01-08, 04:50 AM   #56
gemmandmarksv

I'll be there again this year. Gemma might even do it on her own bike this time too.. keep your eye out for a naked sv in yellow and a lime green speed triple!

I'll be marshalling so keep both wheels on the road unless i'm not watching

Should be a good one.. last year was really good and the organisation was much better. A friend of mine, Simon Owen, helped to push the egg run forward last year and the team got the backing of the council and police. Sadly, Simon was involved in an accident whilst in the Lake District celebrating his 40th birthday... He didn't live to tell the tail but i'm sure the foundations he helped build last year, will help the run to get bigger and better this year
Old 26-01-08, 04:54 AM   #57
Speedy Claire

I read about Simon in the local paper at the time.... was very tragic and i`m sure this years run is going to be a poignant time for a lot people.
Old 26-01-08, 05:19 AM   #58
gemmandmarksv

yeah.. fingers crossed it all goes well and the sun shines
Old 26-01-08, 03:08 PM   #59
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
awww bless them..... they gonna both come????
Well I hope so, now theres no jogging involved need to sort out where we are meeting so the wife can bring em down, she doesnt want either of them on a motorway, on a bike, fair enough I suppose. It,ll be right though.
Old 26-01-08, 08:25 PM   #60
Luckypants
Mega Poster

The meeting point is sorted Stewie. See the OP in this thread. So you can meet us at the Stanney or Tescos. Let me know what you decide by PM
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote