SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-09-07, 03:51 PM   #1
metalmonkey

Default Paddock Stand

I have a Micron Rear Paddock Stand, first of all is this stand any good for an SV. (if not I'll take it back and get mu money back and different one) Do I need bobbins or anything else to help get the bike on stand so I don't drop it!

Thanks
Old 30-09-07, 04:14 PM   #2
GregK2

Default Re: Paddock Stand

I have a Micron rear stand and it was fine with my SV. I used the 'cups' and it was fine and I could get the bike on the stand on my own. You can get bobbins for the swing arm and hooks for the stand, but in my opinion you risk scratching the swingarm.
Old 30-09-07, 05:35 PM   #3
plowsie

you can get bobbins but the stand has to have the right holders on it for the bobbins
Old 30-09-07, 05:44 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've got one. I just use the cups on the stand, works fine. It does feel a little flimsy compared to the oxford one my dad has, but I only use it for when I'm cleaning the bike or adjusting the chain and small jobs like that anyway.

I use it on both our SV's and my GSXR no trouble at all, and now I've mastered the knack I can put the bike on it by myself.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-07, 05:46 PM   #5
plowsie

yer same as that fizz, my oxford looked like it started to bend on me on the cups thought so i decided to get the hooks. But i assume if it is summit better than an oxford it will deffo hold.

Stu
Old 30-09-07, 05:50 PM   #6
Biker_Billy

I got a paddock stand with the bike - not sure of the make, but it uses cups. I find if i cable tie the brake lever, it stops the cups from sliding along the swing arm - a problem I've found. Might not be with yours, I think mine might be a cheapie...
Old 30-09-07, 06:35 PM   #7
metalmonkey

Thanks, I'll put the stand togther and use it some time this week!