SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-02-11, 05:37 PM   #11
Iansv II

Default Re: Anyone got a Speed triple?

Tis a lovely bike, Mine was more or less identical to that one, I enjoyed mine while I had it but never quite clicked with it like I have with other bikes, could never put my finger on it reallly, But in the end I needed something less thirsty and more practical, so changed it.

If you get it, I've got some satin black blueflame cans I'd do you a good deal on :P

Last edited by Iansv II; 08-02-11 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-02-11, 07:10 PM   #12
SUPERSTARDJ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved407 View Post
I got a speed triple in Aug 10. Had the shorty exhaust fitted when i bought it. Love the sound. It rides well. Prior to that was using a Busa and KTM sumo.
Was it the right choice?
Old 08-02-11, 07:31 PM   #13
daved407

Where I used to work was a trip on the Autobahn so the Busa was like a time machine, set of at 07:00 and get there at 06:55. Now i work in a different area and there is no Autobahn link. So yes for me the Speed was a good choice. The motor is amazing. lots of grunt. Little less weight on the wrists. Which was hurting on the Busa at lower town speeds. Cant comment on fuel economy yet as i havent been doing regular trips in this weather. Still got the Busa which may go shortly and thinking of the Tiger next.
Old 08-02-11, 09:17 PM   #14
minitwin49

We get these traded in against Harleys ever so often (god knows why?) lovely bikes, always a treat getting to ride one. Would love to own one beat, I prefer the Street Triple as it is less tempting to pick the front wheel up or end up far too fast even in 1st.