SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 05-01-06, 10:53 AM   #1
Iceman

Default A Weekend Blast in Ireland

Hello People,

Me and a friend are thinking of coming to Ireland for a long weekend and I wanted to know if there are any recommened road's, Sites to see etc..

We will more than likley be getting the ferry from Fishguard then take it from there.

Not too sure where to go, just thought a blast through Ireland would be fun.

Any ideas/recommendations would be great.
Old 05-01-06, 04:27 PM   #2
WicklowSV

Hey Iceman,

If your getting the ferry from Fishguard, then I presume you arrive in Rosslare. There are some really great roads around counties Wicklow, Kildare and Wexford. If time permits, I'd also recommend heading for the North where you can check out the North West 200 route and see some great roads and scenery.

The midlands are all fairly flat so you wont get dramatic scenery - but if you decide to check out the west the Atlantic coast is amazing. Weather tends to be a bit wetter on that side of the country though.

If you want I can map out a decent route for you to take (road numbers etc.) and a few spots worth stopping and enjoying on the way...When do you plan on coming over and for how many days?
Old 06-01-06, 01:45 AM   #3
dublintom

Kilkenny is absolutely fantastic and a nice trip if you are coming up through rosslare.
Old 18-01-06, 02:38 PM   #4
Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicklowSV
Hey Iceman,

If your getting the ferry from Fishguard, then I presume you arrive in Rosslare. There are some really great roads around counties Wicklow, Kildare and Wexford. If time permits, I'd also recommend heading for the North where you can check out the North West 200 route and see some great roads and scenery.

The midlands are all fairly flat so you wont get dramatic scenery - but if you decide to check out the west the Atlantic coast is amazing. Weather tends to be a bit wetter on that side of the country though.

If you want I can map out a decent route for you to take (road numbers etc.) and a few spots worth stopping and enjoying on the way...When do you plan on coming over and for how many days?
Thank you for your kind offer.

I am thinking of maybe using the May Bank Holiday weekend.
Take an extra day off work, that would give us four days.
You are correct, we would be arriving at Rosslare and then not too sure from there.

If you have got some interesting places you think would be of interest I would be greatful.

Not too sure if time will permit going to the West side but would like to try and see as much as possible.

Any pointers you have will be awesome.

Martin