SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 29-05-07, 07:25 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default Bloody 'ell you lot 've been busy!

Just taken me about 2 hours to catch up after me hols! How was the rideout? Any more stories to tell? Bruises healing? - Stuart? Jim?

Got stopped for speeding in France and got given a "cadeaux" (present) by the copper and set on my way with a scolding .

Pretended I spoke very little French, had no money in my wallet to pay the fine and intimated that I wasn't sure if my cash machine card would "marche pas en France" (not work in France) and my French wife did an excellent job of looking British and pretending not to understand a word. I just love getting one over on a speed gun!!

Other than that the old towns of the south west are very impressive (Carcassone, Montpellier, Nimes and Avignon), but Beziers is more like something out of an American ghetto movie, especially soon after a political riot!). White horses and Flamingos in the Camargue are a change of scenery too, along with a few days on some very nice beaches. 42 degrees one day, very hot for May, but the sea was still a bit on the chilly side.

2200 miles later and I'm off to spend the evening on the sofa with a DVD and the whisky bottle!!
Old 29-05-07, 09:33 PM   #2
goof

Default Re: Bloody 'ell you lot 've been busy!

Nice, going down that way myself in 2 weeks (about an hour from Carcassone, which was good eh?) - been going there for years but I really je'n parl pa de Francais...or something Glad to hear the weather's nice 'cos the forecasts haven't been great!
Old 30-05-07, 10:25 AM   #3
Tiger 55

Bienvenu a la maison. Tres bon de regardez vous encore. Nous reddition.

Do any tours of the sites of famous French Military Victories...
Old 30-05-07, 04:40 PM   #4
kitkat

glad you had a good time ralph, you can show off your white bits at the next rideout as indy and q failed to flash theirs lol
Old 31-05-07, 08:22 AM   #5
Quedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
glad you had a good time ralph, you can show off your white bits at the next rideout as indy and q failed to flash theirs lol
I don't need to flash my white bits - I just get my arms out - I'm as white as I was when I left. I don't tan just go red then go back to being white!