SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-09-06, 10:32 AM   #1
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Oxford Sports Panniers

Anyone got a set of these?

Looking for some pics of them - mostly of the bits that go on the bike - both on and off would be good.

Interested in how they fit on the bike and if they have any sort of mechanism that will stop them swinging around

David

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 10:36 AM   #2
tricky

Fitting see here

Old 01-09-06, 10:44 AM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Moved to Bikes Talk & Issues

Fizz

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 10:59 AM   #4
tricky

Doesnt really show how they fit on, but a pic of some Oxford panniers on SV650s

Old 01-09-06, 11:15 AM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

My mates XJR traveling light

I have a set for mine, travelled well and at speed. They dont move about. If they are the 3 strap tpe then, its one under the seat, one behind the grab rail and one over the seat. Then bungeethem to the hooks.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 11:19 AM   #6
anna
Mega Poster

I have them .. and they are can be awkward to fit onto the bike for the first time.

With the pack comes a piece of rubber material that will stop the panniers from scratching your bike so once the pillion seat is off cut holes in the material to fit across and ensure that the pillion seat will still fit back on the bike.

Take your pillion seat off then there are three straps that attach via velcro to the panniers .. take two of them these go under the seat.. put the seat back on and then the third goes over the top

You then have some trailing straps which you can attach to the pillion footpeg holes and then the last straps are able to be attached to the rail under the pillion seat.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 11:23 AM   #7
Law

I have them, the rivets popped out of the top plastic part so I'm going have to send them off to be repaired.
Old 01-09-06, 11:32 AM   #8
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna
I have them .. and they are can be awkward to fit onto the bike for the first time.

With the pack comes a piece of rubber material that will stop the panniers from scratching your bike so once the pillion seat is off cut holes in the material to fit across and ensure that the pillion seat will still fit back on the bike.

Take your pillion seat off then there are three straps that attach via velcro to the panniers .. take two of them these go under the seat.. put the seat back on and then the third goes over the top

You then have some trailing straps which you can attach to the pillion footpeg holes and then the last straps are able to be attached to the rail under the pillion seat.
My Oxford sports panniers only have two staps Also my sister got a set from free of Freecycle, they had only been used once!
Old 01-09-06, 11:37 AM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Fitting see here

Yeah I had seen that thread but was hoping for pics of the three strap arrangement.

I am planning on making my own version of these in leather,

Main reason (would be easier and cheaper to get the Oxfords TBH) is so that I can make it a bit modular and have different panniers for different things - I do a few LAN parties a year, so one pannier built to carry my LCD monitor (on left side away from exhaust) and another on the right to hold the stand - one would be long, tall but thin, the other more square and long.

Then my PC (Shuttle Case if anyone is interested) could take the pillion seat

Also then thinking of making bags similar to the Oxford ones for day-to-day (tho may be custom as far as inside compartments go.

Also Oxford seem to say Two Under, one Over, but the other post says all under (what I am aiming for) - has anyone tried both ways? If so - was there any difference?

David

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 11:38 AM   #10
anna
Mega Poster

mmmmmmmmmm..... you got a picture of them?
anna is offline   Reply With Quote