SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-07-05, 03:25 PM   #1
Patch

Default SV650 rider dies in accident

I don't know if he was one of our own but this was posted on the Honda VFR Club forum earlier today

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortarse on the VFR club forum

Biker down Ben my son

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He died doing what he loved most
On Tuesday 26 July at 17:45ish my son Ben died

We had been out together on our bikes, he riding his blue Suzuki SV650s with his girlfriend on the back, I was on my VFR with his mum pillion.
We left home (Shrewsbury) at around 12:30 travelling through Minsterley, Clun & Knighton on to the A44 and stopped at the crossgates for a cup of tea and then continued onto Aberystwyth.

I did tell him about over committing himself into the bends as if something went wrong or was in his way he had no way out.
He was so good at handling his bike throwing it all over the place so easily, he did say “I will try and remember but its so good the feeling of a good bend is ace” well we arrived at Aber at around 15:30 Ben got their 5 mins before me and was laughing saying “you ride like an old fart”.
Again we had a cup of tea and something to eat Ben was complaining that it cost 5 pence for a sache of salt for his chips so he had them without.

This was Ben if he could find something to moan about he would, always finding some fault and believing that his ideas or beliefs were the only way.

Many a night he would come home in the early hours drunk stand outside or bedroom door saying “are you awake” until we answered then sit on the end of our bed telling use all about his night and putting the world to rights.
His favourite sayings were “you’ll never believe” “I can’t understand” “I know you told me but” and also “what I don’t get is”. This was Ben

I know that many of you have son’s and may understand, they are all a pain in the ****, but Ben told use everything and I do mean everything, Ben had no secrets from us, many a time saying “I’m not telling you anything again” but within a few days he was back to it again dishing out all the details of his life.

Ben was only 20 born 15 December 1984 but to hear him talk and by heck he could talk, you would think he had done everything and new everything we used to say Ok granddad.

So after our little break me (Mike) and his mum (Jayne) said we were off home now as we have twin girls 17 (Emma & Claire) who were expecting us home at 18:00.
We left Ben with a glace and a smile to go home via Machynlleth, Mallwyd and Welshpool. Ben and his girlfriend (Bev) were going to go via the A487 to Cross Foxes his favourite road and do Bala. We said tara see you latterand that was the last words and sights we had of him alive.

Some where from the Tal-y-llyn pass between Corrris and the Cross Foxes pub Ben crossed the centre of the road whilst negotiating a left hand bend clipping a car trowing Bev of the pillion, launching Ben and bikeup an embankment and then back down the road, Ben still holding on to the bike and hitting another car that had stopped when its driver saw what was happening.

Ben hit the car with the bike following him sandwiching him with the car, it would seem that this was the fatal blow that killed him.

Ben always said “ I’m not going to grow old like you watching house makeover and gardening programmes”.
Ben did not want to be disabled or dependant upon anyone else, many times telling use not to fuss over him, he had a life and wanted to learn by his own mistakes, finally paying the ultimate price. This was the way he wanted to go doing the only thing in his life he was interested in and with someone he loved.

I have many if’s but’s and why’s, none will ever get reconciled in my mind. I just know he is now ridding with the wind having found that perfect twisty havinbg the ultimate experience.

This was not some just passed his test inexperienced rider, Ben passed his test in September 2003 and had clocked up some 14,000 miles and was so smooth and easy with his ridding.

Ben lived life to the full on the wild side getting into trouble but always owning up to his misgivings.
Putting his family first was his motto and he always wanted to make people laugh.

I want every body to know what a wonderful person Ben was, who got on your nerves made you mad, was always their like a bad penny but took life in his stride and was always up for a laugh.

Ben made so many people happy in his short life we all love him deeply and miss him like crazy. He had such a complex character that some times made you think were does he come from but he was always caring, thoughtful and considerate with great family values.

It was a privelage to care for him whilst he was on this earth we were blest with him for such a short time but I do know he was sent for a reason, not sure what that was at the moment but that will show itself latter.

The past20 months riding with Ben have been the best of my life, he was my mate, friend and comrade, much more than a son to me. With every tear that I shed I miss him more and more hoping to wake up to him sitting at the end of our bed, drunk and wanting to tell us about his night up town.

We will bury him in his leathers and want loads of bikes in his procession so that he knows we gave him the best send off ever.

Its going to be a sad day but I wish for a fun occasion because that’s what he would want.

No one will ever replace him or can bring him back, but we can send him off in style.
I would love to see the road lined with bikes just for him, a sight to make you shudder,

He was a biker through and through, lived, breathed and slept bikes. Their was nothing else he loved more…well may be his beer, but that goes without saying.

This was and is my son Ben, the perfect pain in the ****, who always knew better though his ideas were best.

I am proud to of shared his life with him so many happy times as well as frustrating but that was just him…pest bags.

Ben you are the one and only never again will I be able to curse you or tell you off, my toolbox will always be tidy and your clothes put away. But I would have all that back just to hear your stupid voice. I love you and always will, you are my Ben and now live within my heart.
http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/foru...954#post546954

RIP Ben
Old 28-07-05, 03:28 PM   #2
Aurora

Must have been so hard to write that, RIP Ben

I have already sent a PM to 'Shortarse' to ask if Ben may have posted on here.

edit - received a PM back from Ben's dad

Ben did not post on any sites he thought time was better spent on his bike

Thanks for your thoughts

Thanks
Mike
Old 28-07-05, 03:30 PM   #3
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Lost for words.

RIP!

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-05, 03:42 PM   #4
falc

Thoughts are with his friends and family

RIP Ben
Old 28-07-05, 03:43 PM   #5
richwill68

Sorry for your loss, my sincere condolances.

RIP l'il Bro'.

Rich
Old 28-07-05, 03:59 PM   #6
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face at such a wonderful (if there can be such a thing) eulogy

R I P Ben
Old 28-07-05, 04:15 PM   #7
independentphoto

Oh bugger.

A very touching piece. I feel so sorry for those left behind.

Take (MORE) care folks- and always wear your LEATHERS.
Old 28-07-05, 04:21 PM   #8
El Saxo

RIP

My deepest sympathies go out to everyone who knew Ben. Although I didnt know him personally it is always very saddening to hear of this happening to one of our number.
Old 28-07-05, 04:32 PM   #9
BURNER

R.I.P Ben, my thoughts are with the family.
Old 28-07-05, 04:35 PM   #10
kwak zzr

thats slowed me down i was over that way on tuesday. RIP ben.