SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-05-09, 09:10 AM   #1
shiver85

Default had a crash

coming home tuesday night went to pass a car on the left as the gap was big enough and traffic had stopped but as i did the car in traffic opened its rear left door 1 metre from me hit the door and this happened

ive ended up with a broken left hand and a fractured right wrist.

depending on what the insurance do im thinking of buying the bike back if its written off that is and either restore back to how it was or streetfighter it?

any ideas?
Old 03-05-09, 09:22 AM   #2
Bluefish

Default Re: had a crash

sorry to hear that mate, bloody car passengers never look.
Old 03-05-09, 09:42 AM   #3
Dave20046
Mega Poster

bloody tit!
Hope you're ok mate.
Old 03-05-09, 01:26 PM   #4
Alpinestarhero

Between car and kerb you mean? Never a good (safe) idea, and should always be done with lots of revving and / or horn beeping. But then, passing on the other side is only minorly safer. If you had been a cyclist, the result could have been the same...can you get any compensation or anything?

Anyway, GWS. I'd offer you a new front brake lever...but it looks like yours is ok. Hope you get the rest of the bike fixed too
Old 03-05-09, 01:33 PM   #5
pencil shavings

GWS mate, hope the insurance give you 100%
Old 03-05-09, 02:23 PM   #6
davepreston

i dont look like a write off to me mate but hope insurance sorts you out and gws
Old 03-05-09, 03:39 PM   #7
Ch00

Opening a door and causing danger is an offence. Was the Police called? Has the accident been reported to them as you have hurt yourself?

Glad its not to bad

Ch00
Old 03-05-09, 03:52 PM   #8
2hys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch00 View Post
Opening a door and causing danger is an offence. Was the Police called? Has the accident been reported to them as you have hurt yourself?

Glad its not to bad

Ch00
+1 the car should be nxt to the kerb when the passengers were getting out i would have had the police there, but i do creep if i feel the need to filter down that side of a car
Old 03-05-09, 03:56 PM   #9
leesh00

not sure if you will get any compo - they would probably have a case that you shouldnt have been passing on the left . But with no win no fee its worth a shot.

Best of luck with the re-build
Old 03-05-09, 04:08 PM   #10
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesh00 View Post
not sure if you will get any compo - they would probably have a case that you shouldnt have been passing on the left . But with no win no fee its worth a shot.

Best of luck with the re-build
As said above, perfectly reasonable to expect a bicycle up your inside. Plus the advice of Ch00 the copper and it looks like there was a huge gap between where the car had stopped and the pavement.

Stick to your guns mate & hold out for being a non fault claim with comp for your hand. Get a decent bike specific solicitor like Rider Suport.

& GWS

Oh not sure if there's enough damage for w/o but if it is, your plan to buy back & repair on the cheap should be a nice little earner
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote