SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-10-09, 07:10 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Smellie's actions stink...

Following up on our fairly recent G20 protest threas and the behaviour of some of the police officers its nice to know the man i had a real issue with has been summoned to appear before the courts for his uncalled for and over the top assults on an innocent woman who seemed to have done nothing more than speak to loudly at him.

The big bully will get his day in court, i may even go and watch, lol.

Full story here, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8279001.stm

So those of you who stood up for him and his actions on the day, you still think he was justified in acting how he did?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 07:13 PM   #2
Milky Bar Kid

Default Re: Smellie's actions stink...

His name is Sgt Smellie..................

I am amused.
Old 07-10-09, 07:22 PM   #3
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

She deserved a slap...

Not for screaming abuse at the copper, for hiring Max Clifford to get her maximum media income to capitalise on whatever the officer may or may not be found to have done...

Then she came up with the immortal line "It was like being whipped by the taliban" - no poppet, it was an open handed slap to shut you up, who let you out of the kitchen anyway????

Plus she's a reet minger...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 07:29 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
She deserved a slap...

Not for screaming abuse at the copper, for hiring Max Clifford to get her maximum media income to capitalise on whatever the officer may or may not be found to have done...

Then she came up with the immortal line "It was like being whipped by the taliban" - no poppet, it was an open handed slap to shut you up, who let you out of the kitchen anyway????

haha, all good point that i agree with mate, however she got a slap before we knew all this about her. Perhaps that Smellie dude could see the future?

Seriously tho, i know there were a fair few who called me a cop hater for my views that he was bang out of order acting the way he did. I;d like to hear what those same people have to say about this turn of events.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 07-10-09, 07:33 PM   #5
husky03
Mega Poster

yep spidey-I still think he was justified in his actions -gonna be interesting to see how this turns out
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 07:33 PM   #6
ManxMatt34

I think she has made more than a meal of it, but also think it's totally out of order, as some people know i have a few problems with police bugging me in recent times. Well 1 paticular. However never anything physical and thats totally unacceptable doing what he did.
Old 07-10-09, 07:35 PM   #7
the white rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
At last, someone gets to the crux of the issue
Old 07-10-09, 07:36 PM   #8
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
haha, all good point that i agree with mate, however she got a slap before we knew all this about her. Perhaps that Smellie dude could see the future?
Stevie Wonder could spot the last one dude...

We're still no wiser as to what happened beyond the edited video that got released to the public, he's been charged, same as thousands of people all over the UK, charges =/= guilt

I'm not saying he's innocent, it's up to the courts to decide after they view the available evidence...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 07:37 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky03 View Post
yep spidey-I still think he was justified in his actions -gonna be interesting to see how this turns out
Thanks for replying Husky, it will indeed be interesting to see how the trial goes.

part of me assumes he'll just plead guilty and get it over with knowing all he'll get is a slapped wrist, part of me thinks this is being done to appease the public and he may well get made an example of.
Old 07-10-09, 07:51 PM   #10
husky03
Mega Poster

as with all coppers when force is used its for the officer to justify his reasons for and the level of force used-it'll be his interpretation of the course of events leading upto the incident that will come out in court and he will need explain why he did what he done.(but she still deserved it)
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote