SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 21-09-20, 10:01 PM   #7311
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I've not seen a lens like thaton a Kiev before.

I picked up a couple of these recently. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WK1RG...dDbGljaz10cnVl
They work well on the OMD, light SLRs like the Contax 139 and rangefinders.
I managed to get the Spotmatic light meter working again with a bit of terminal cleaning and a new battery. Need to get out and finish the film in it now
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 04:20 PM   #7312
Kenzie

They look pretty cool. Need to use my SP1000 with the Flektogon at some point. JR, just seen this 203110440607

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 07:46 PM   #7313
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I haven't tried the Flektogon yet either! Are you going for the Contax and Kiev? Looks like a load of trouble to me TBH.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 08:23 PM   #7314
Kenzie

No, got a bid on the Kiev with the Zeiss lens. I finally got my hands on a Bencini Comet iii, put in a random offer on a new listing and it got accepted. Been after one for ages.
Old 24-09-20, 07:28 PM   #7315
Kenzie

The Comet arrived today, tiny little thing. I put a last second bid on the Kiev/Contax bundle and got it for £16.66 plus post. Hoping that the lens will be usable, will have to see what I can make of the cameras.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 24-09-20, 09:19 PM   #7316
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Looks very nice, I thought it was a cine camera but it's basically a sort of box camera
Old 25-09-20, 07:08 PM   #7317
Kenzie

Pretty much, lots of lovely polished aluminium.
Old 10-10-20, 09:28 PM   #7318
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Did you win the Kiev with the odd Zeiss lens? Not been out shooting at all, but autumn is coming and I don't have a lot of pics from this time of year so will make an effort, plus got a film in my Olympus S so will try to make it worth it. Started on cleaning up some cameras to sell before Christmas, I've got about 8 that are on the list to sell. Tonight I finally started tangling with the Lubitel 166 (666 more like, nasty plastic thing), sticky slow speeds, sounds like grating a pebble when you change speeds, and fungus in the lenses. I used one screwdriver and an adjustable lens spanner (pin points) and that was all, and the spanner was to rotate the locking piece to remove the shutter plate. It's pretty agricultural in there, but quite clean and dry as a bone. A little oil and exercise and it was fine. Glass cleaned up okay, I have ammonia and peroxide but they're from my lab days and need diluting, and I don't have a bottle to do that in (most of it is wasted otherwise) and I couldn't be bothered so I tried some glass cleaner and elbow grease and in the words of Barry Scott, BANG and the crud was gone. Just need to check the speeds (de facto, but might as well know) and collimate. I've got a K1000 to clean up and it has a little bit of lens fungus, 3x Agfa Super Silettes, a Pentax MX that needs a proper seeing to (read a thread on FB, doable but quite involved), plus a Durst Automatica and Zeiss Contessamat that have been listed for a while but no-one's biting. They're not cheap and no case for the Zeiss alas, but they are good, almost as good as the ones I'm keeping.
Old 10-10-20, 09:50 PM   #7319
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

PS seen this?
https://pixl-latr.com/how-it-works/
Old 11-10-20, 07:01 AM   #7320
Kenzie

No, unfortunately I didn't win which is a shame. I have seen that Pixl kit before but I think the price was offputting. I did order a new leather kit for the Kiev 4 that I got in the bundle with the frankencontax, only took about five days from ordering to arrive from Japan which is not bad as they quoted a month. I'm not a massive fan of the metered Kievs but the camera is very tidy and as far as I can tell in full working order. I have done very little in the way of photography this year, whether it be digital or analogue for obvious reasons, just hope they don't go into full blown lockdown again. I had an mot on the Civic yrsterday morning and there is a charity shop around the corner so I popped in, found a Lowepro Event Messenger 150 bag which was basically new for £8, just missing the two velcro dividers. I took a Pentax P30 (batteries installed this time) out with me yesterday as my wife was working in the afternoon. Gave me a chance to visit some more charity shops, didn't find anything apart from a Lomo Cosmic Symbol which I left behind. I'm debating whether or not to list the Yashica T3 again. I'm in a love/hate relationship with it as the lens is supposed to be amazing but it just feels so bland to use it you know what I mean.
I did find a non-working Panasonic TZ7 for a couple of pounds to attempt a repair on my one with fungus in the lens. First off I swapped over the whole lens unit but I got no image on the screen. Then I changed over the sensor but still no joy. In the end I dismantled both lens packs and swapped over the front elements only, little bit scuffed on the trim at the front but shouldn't flare in the sun. My Olympus Tough camera that I got cheap to carry on my bike jacket has a scratch on the lens, so it flares badly in the sun. I grabbed a Canon 50mm f1.8 locally as it was cheap, FD lenses seem to fetch a reasonable amount at the moment. Johnny, this bundle might be worth a closer look 284041561090.