SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Thames valley meet ?
Weekly 5 22.73%
Fortnightly 17 77.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-07-07, 11:17 AM   #61
Warthog

Default Re: Thames Valley Group Section - Will you attend?

lame! I am ready and up for it. Hope to see most of you there! Jelster was the only one I knew what they looked like, damn it hehe. People with non-sv's come and introduce yourselves!
Old 29-07-07, 03:41 PM   #62
SDMF

That was a good rideout today. Nice to meet some new people too.
ASM, what happened to you? Did you get back alright?
Old 29-07-07, 04:51 PM   #63
Warthog

Hi mate! Yeah it was a great meet up, really nice weather and good to see you all. Me, Phil and Stu all got back fine, but I have no idea what happened to ASM, hope he is alright. Post here mate when you get back.
Old 29-07-07, 05:06 PM   #64
StreetHawk

Good rideout today and nice to meet a few of you... Warthog did the pic come out ok, gonna post it up here?

No idea what happened to Mark??!
Old 29-07-07, 05:16 PM   #65
Stig

If your talking about a new regional group, then I could possibly be interested. If it were to be the Thames Valley region then I would have thought that the meeting area would be Wokingham or Bracknell seeing as those two are more or less smack bang in the middle of the Thames Valley catchment area.

I'd be interested in this so long as it were not on Fridays (for obvious reasons). I'd also suggest to start with monthly meetings. Starting every week or every other week with so few to start could be a bit of a disaster. It would only take two or three people not to turn up and there would then only be one or two that attended. I could see people getting bored of that quite quickly. If it were only to happen once a month, I think people would make more of an effort to attend.

Just my thoughts that's all. I'd be up for this anyway. Not so sure of actual rideout days though. I like to spend the weekends with the family as they see so little of me during the week. Would be up for evening rides during the week though.
Old 29-07-07, 05:18 PM   #66
ASM-Forever

I got back just fine! By the time i had waited for the procession of cars after Law, you guys had got to the roundabout and disappeared. I went back via Princes Risborough as there are some nice twisties and i have a mate who lives there

Shame really as i was giving it some beans over the brow of a hill and popped a nice wheelie....the forks didnt thank me for it. Running it in has completely gone out of the window....of course we know thats Nick's fault.

Good to meet you guys today and thanks to Warthog/Stu for showing us your roads.

Already a few posts and noone has mocked Law yet....

Overall a nice focused ride....and it didnt rain.
Old 29-07-07, 05:23 PM   #67
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
If your talking about a new regional group, then I could possibly be interested. If it were to be the Thames Valley region then I would have thought that the meeting area would be Wokingham or Bracknell seeing as those two are more or less smack bang in the middle of the Thames Valley catchment area.

I'd be interested in this so long as it were not on Fridays (for obvious reasons). I'd also suggest to start with monthly meetings. Starting every week or every other week with so few to start could be a bit of a disaster. It would only take two or three people not to turn up and there would then only be one or two that attended. I could see people getting bored of that quite quickly. If it were only to happen once a month, I think people would make more of an effort to attend.

Just my thoughts that's all. I'd be up for this anyway. Not so sure of actual rideout days though. I like to spend the weekends with the family as they see so little of me during the week. Would be up for evening rides during the week though.
Most of the meet locations/times are still in the air. General consensus today was that people are happy to travel around as there are plenty of good roads. Maidenhead is close to Nick and myself(and KnightRider when he has settled in). Warthog/Phil/Stu live near Oxford and James lives in Reading so we could go there. I am happy to ride anywhere within reason.
Old 29-07-07, 05:41 PM   #68
sarah

Just heard from Law. He blames everything on the poor road surface.
Old 29-07-07, 05:43 PM   #69
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Just heard from Law. He blames everything on the poor road surface.
Old 29-07-07, 05:49 PM   #70
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Most of the meet locations/times are still in the air. General consensus today was that people are happy to travel around as there are plenty of good roads. Maidenhead is close to Nick and myself(and KnightRider when he has settled in). Warthog/Phil/Stu live near Oxford and James lives in Reading so we could go there. I am happy to ride anywhere within reason.
I guess I'll just make a silent watch then and see what you guys decide.