SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-03-09, 11:11 AM   #1
Dappa D

Default whos been to olu deniz?

got home last night and mrs d surprised me greatly by telling me we were going to olu deniz turkey for a week in june, booked and confirmed (surprising as i didnt think we were having a foriegn hols this year due to wanting to move)

so mrs d, baby d and me will be off on hols in 12 weeks, im very excited

anyone been and have any recommendations of things that really stood out for them?

ive so far seen there is a large market on tuesdays in fathiye, a butterly valley conservation area thing where we would like to take the little man (will be 14 months old then)

most of the days will be at the pool and snorkling in the blue lagoon .

would also like a boat trip any recommendations?

oh the down side of this is we wont be doing our planned sky dive in may ....but ive been given the grenlight to do paragliding from the mountains in olu deniz, (anyone done this there? as looking online seems there has been a few accidents), ive done paragliding when being towed by a boat over sea but not jumping off hoooooge mountains!
Old 12-03-09, 01:54 PM   #2
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Default Re: whos been to olu deniz?

my mate went a few years ago- its the one with the ace lagoon is it not?.
Old 12-03-09, 02:05 PM   #3
Dappa D

yup thats the one Quiff

its a national park too

Last edited by Dappa D; 12-03-09 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-03-09, 02:12 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

stayed close by there once many years ago and went on a day trip over there. Its a beautiful place.

Cant remeber anything really about what to do or see but make sure you take a ride on a "dolmus" (pronounced dol-mush) which is the local stop anywhere you want it to bus service. basically a little minibus and it costs less then a cold drink to ride on.

Make sure you go out to the night markets and have the freshly BBQ'd corn on the cob. So yum!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 02:24 PM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

Oh....my....god!

Im goimng there in June as well!!!! Staying at the Montan Pine Resort from June 8th!

See ya there
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 02:25 PM   #6
Dappa D

ah yes the dolmus! we stayed in turkey in 2007 (Turgatries, as nothing available in olu deniz where i wanted to go) very good service they are too. will be trying the corn on the cob..didnt see any in turgatries yum yum!
Old 12-03-09, 02:27 PM   #7
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
Oh....my....god!

Im goimng there in June as well!!!! Staying at the Montan Pine Resort from June 8th!

See ya there
really?? lol....maybe we should hire bikes and head off!! haha...how strange, im going on the 7th...although night flight so will be arriving on the 8th!..if i see some random man looking suspiciously like the stig ill know who it is!
Old 12-03-09, 02:47 PM   #8
Viney
Mega Poster

Yep really. Booked...Just got to pay for it (Which reminds me, must dig out the peperwork tonight!)

I have looked for bike hire places on the web but havetn come up with anything. However, my nieghbour has been there and she said theres a place in Hisranou.

Where you staying Dapps
Old 12-03-09, 02:48 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

i love turkey, maybe i shoukld book too and we could make it an official Org holiday
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 02:49 PM   #10
Viney
Mega Poster

Woohoo. Go on Spidey you know ya wanna!